Harry, A History Updates: Audio, Events and More

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
March 25, 2009, 03:22 PM

There are a few updates on the Harry, A History front!

Firstly, the audio edition was made available this month! It was released by Tantor Media and read by actress Renee Raudman. You can get it in person in a bookstore, or on Amazon here, on iTunes here, on Audible here. You can hear a sample by clicking here (I chose one that has the "voices" for John Noe, Sue Upton and Paul DeGeorge.)

Second, plans are shaping up for the summer and beyond with book events at LeakyCon, Azkatraz, a signing right outside San Francisco on May 3, and an event at BookPeople in Austin, TX, on June 30. I'll have a lot more info on Harry events soon, as the PotterCast/Remus Lupins/Whomping Willows tour plans firm up. Meanwhile you can keep up to date on events and other news at this facebook page or here on the book's site. I love visiting schools and libraries, so if you'd like to request an event please contact David Buchalter!

Last but certainly not least, the German edition was previewed recently at the Leipzig Book Fair. You can check out pictures at this page. I hope to have more updates about other editions soon!

Once again - and I feel like I can't say this enough - thank you all for all the unbelievable support you've offered me and the book, and for all your notes, owls, PMs, Facebook messages, e-mails, and snail-mail letters. I'm still slowly working through them but I am reading and appreciating them all. See you soon!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

504216275_l_thumb

This is great! I love the woman reading it.

Posted by Eilonwy on March 26, 2009, 11:55 AM report to moderator
Img000029_thumb

It feels weird to hear real people’s voices read out by someone else, but I quite like it. Congratulations Melissa! :]

Posted by omgitslouise [WBM] [Ravenvlog <3's Me] on March 26, 2009, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Ravenqueen_thumb

Squee! the audio book sounds really cool! I own the book, and I am almost finished it!! (darn English class, keeping me from my reading!)

Posted by raven_puff on March 26, 2009, 07:09 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

Yay!

Posted by maera-kyrie on March 26, 2009, 07:39 PM report to moderator

I loved this book. Although, I think I might have enjoyed the audio version more if Melissa was the voice behind it. I’m so used to hearing her on Pottercast, it’s odd to hear someone reading her words.

Now if only there was a book signing in the Seattle area. I swear it feels like nothing Potter related every comes to Washington.

Posted by KayWeasley on March 26, 2009, 09:57 PM report to moderator

I’m not sure if I like the voice—but I’m pretty sure that’s just because it’s not Melissa, whose voice I could hear very clearly as I read it:)

Posted by Heather on March 27, 2009, 12:55 AM report to moderator
Hug_thumb

yay! I think i prefer it in book form, because I can actually visualize Melissa saying stuff in my head, and I prefer reading to audio when it’s a book. But, still, AWESOME!!! Congrats on doing so well with Harry, A History Melissa! Audiobook is pretty big I think!

Posted by **Annie** on March 27, 2009, 02:30 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

Congrats!!!!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on March 27, 2009, 01:00 PM report to moderator
Snape2

Yes. Quite enjoyable.

Posted by Badallona on March 27, 2009, 11:08 PM report to moderator
Books_covers_us_deluxed_dh_1-2_thumb

My favorite audio clip of the book is still Melissa’s reading from Terminus… hearing her tell the story of the first night/day of the beginning of the end was one of the highlights of that week for me. Being in that room at that reading made me realize how this series has brought so many strangers together – how everyone in that room was aware of how stressful and emotional that moment was, because we’d all been following this together, via websites, podcasts, blogs, e-mail, etc. Thanks again Melissa, for capturing this moment in our collective history, as well as Harry’s.

Posted by Emily Erland on March 27, 2009, 11:20 PM report to moderator
Laurie_kins_yahoo

I want the audiobook.

Posted by snapealicious on March 28, 2009, 01:27 PM report to moderator
Maraudersmap_thumb

Can’t wait to see you in San Francisco in May!!

Posted by rhadamenthes {ROAR} on March 29, 2009, 11:33 AM report to moderator
Download_thumb

the audio book is really good. i bought it and i cant stop listening to it lol

Posted by Leander21[WBM] on March 29, 2009, 07:37 PM report to moderator
Her_bengong_thumb

will the book available in Indonesia or at least South East Asia? desperately hoping’s face

Posted by copimione is ROAR [OoM4] on April 28, 2009, 12:44 AM report to moderator

"Hermione, I don't know what's gotten into you lately!" said Ron, astounded. "First you hit Malfoy, then you walk out on Professor Trelawney --"[br]Hermione looked rather flattered.