LeakyNews.com

Rumblings on Possible Casting for Bill Weasley for Deathly Hallows and More

DH Film
March 07, 2009, 12:34 PM

We have some interesting rumblings today regarding possible castings for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rumors have reached our ears that Domhnall Gleeson, the son of actor Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody) will be portraying Bill Weasley in the final Harry Potter films. You can see a photo of Domhnall here. Domhnall Gleeson is an upcoming actor, known in the theater world having received a Tony nomination in 2006 for his work in The Lieutenant of Inishmore.  Also word is that the role of Mundungus Fletcher has also been cast, but there is no actor's name available as of yet.

Please note: As fans will recall, we had heard from actress Clemence Poesy last year that her character of Fleur was not to be in Half-Blood Prince, but remained uncertain if she was to be back for Deathly Hallows. We do not know if the rumor of a possible casting of Bill Weasely indicates the wedding scene may be in or simply just Shell cottage, or what all of this may mean, thus, we do caution to please treat this very much as a rumor for now. As always, we are working to find out more on this, and will update with more when we can, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

I hope Shell Cottage makes it in!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on March 07, 2009, 04:45 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

I don’t care if it is just a rumor, it’s great that there’s even any talk about Bill being in the final film.

Posted by *Rachael* on March 07, 2009, 04:47 PM report to moderator
06_thumb

He looks like a Bill to me! Very exciting that they might have Bill Wealsey in the film.

Posted by silverwings [FTC!] on March 07, 2009, 04:53 PM report to moderator
Dhnight_thumb

Ohmygoodness he’s perfect! … Perfect! Finally having Bill around will be such a relief.

Posted by julione on March 07, 2009, 04:57 PM report to moderator

I was distracted by my kids and didn’t even really read beyond the word casting. After the picture came up I thought he looked like the Weasley Twins! Then I had to read to see who it was supposed to be. He totally looks like a Weasley. I am new to posting here- not new to the site, read it all the time, but the thought that Bill could be back in the movie made me want to post!

Posted by iamnotworriedharry on March 07, 2009, 04:57 PM report to moderator
Normal_scan_thumb

I don’t understand the purpose of having Bill in the last two movies. Sure, Shell Cottage is important, but they could have Lupin or Mr. Weasley perform the concerned, observable part that Bill does in that chapter. It just seems unimportant to introduce a new character that we haven’t seen in the movies.

Posted by The Hollow on March 07, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator

I can’t say thats how I picture Bill (isn’t his hair longer?), but he would fit the part well nonetheless. However, I also don’t understand why they would put Bill in the last two movies. If they really wanted him in, they should have casted him in Halfblood Prince… along with Fleur. That way they wouldn’t seem like total throw-ins. Oh well. I’d still like to see them both.

Posted by GulpingPlimpies on March 07, 2009, 05:08 PM report to moderator

Oh. My. Gosh. Bill AND Mundungus? I had already written the both of them off! Their characters weren’t what you would call “necessary” (they could have replaced Bill and Fleur with Tonks and Lupin, and Mundungus with Kreacher). But, really, were Reg Cattermole and Mrs. Granger necessary, either? I’m certain that this will be very faithful to the book.

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on March 07, 2009, 05:12 PM report to moderator

Looks alright… hopefully they’ll bring back Fleur too. I wonder what he looks like with long hair?

Posted by albeitgruggish on March 07, 2009, 05:15 PM report to moderator
100_6668_thumb

He looks perfect for Bill.

Posted by lnh92(Lorrie) on March 07, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

Excellent, we need more Weasleys in the world :D

Posted by Linnyish on March 07, 2009, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by mollywobbles23 on March 07, 2009, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

I didn’t realize Brendan Gleeson had a son in the business- he’s pretty cute! I kinda hope this is true because he looks like he’d be a good Bill,

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on March 07, 2009, 05:57 PM report to moderator

He matches the Bill in my head perfectly!

Posted by WeasleyGirl93 on March 07, 2009, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Editedladybug_thumb

Wow, He looks just as how I pictured Bill! It would be so cool to see him in the movie!

Posted by sp00kym00ny~happy looks good on you! :] on March 07, 2009, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?