Rupert Grint Talks Deathly Hallows Epilogue and Script

Grint
March 08, 2009, 09:13 AM

The new issue of Total Film has a one page interview with actor Rupert Grint, where he briefly discussed his role as Ron Weasley in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The interview was conducted shortly before filming began last month, and Rupert noted he only had the Part One script to Deathly Hallows ("so far, it's looking really cool".) Rupert also went on to discuss the epilogue to the final Harry Potter novel by J.K. Rowling, and said he was surprised at the outcome of the trio. Quotage:

"I really liked it, it was a good ending. It was not what I expected, actually. For some reason, I thought at least one of me, Dan, Emma was going to not make it. But I think it's going to be cool, the whole 20 years later thing. It should be fun. They'll age us up."

You can see a scan of the article here

Thanks ICM and Ivana for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

006_thumb

It seems as though Rupert hasn’t read the book since he was suprised that the Trio survived.
Alysaw

Posted by Alysaw on March 08, 2009, 09:23 AM report to moderator
Dsc02251_thumb

Awesome! :D x

Posted by ChantyBabez on March 08, 2009, 09:24 AM report to moderator
Dsc03556_thumb

He means that he didn’t expect before the book came out.. i’m sure he would have read it..

Posted by Pratiksha on March 08, 2009, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Take_my_hand_thumb

I think he was talking about the book, not the script…

Posted by PhoenixSong {{{ROAR}}} on March 08, 2009, 09:27 AM report to moderator

Nice. :))

Posted by Mairéad on March 08, 2009, 09:29 AM report to moderator
N48913080_45953965_1570820_thumb

can’t wait for this movie

Posted by Chad on March 08, 2009, 09:31 AM report to moderator
60c9c9ed966148bcbf9c4a4258e60858_1__thumb

I love him squee

Posted by FrancescaElle on March 08, 2009, 09:38 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

“They’ll age us up” …wait a minute-does that mean they will age Dan,Rupert,Emma,Bonnie and Tom, or they’ll cast grown-ups?

Posted by Matea on March 08, 2009, 09:39 AM report to moderator
54e418b51d8db03a8e6d72ec049e9220_5844030_thumb

oh my gosh i am so glad that they are not going to cast new older actors for the epilogue. i was really worried about that.

did anybody else think about that? or is it too out of the question to suggest?

PS: I LOVE RUPERT!

Posted by E.Weasley. [ravenvlog ♥'s me] {WBM} on March 08, 2009, 09:41 AM report to moderator
54e418b51d8db03a8e6d72ec049e9220_5844030_thumb

OR ARE THEY GOING TO CAST OLDER ACTORS?

:S

Posted by E.Weasley. [ravenvlog ♥'s me] {WBM} on March 08, 2009, 09:42 AM report to moderator
Alanrickman_copy_thumb

Read the article. They are going to age them up with make up and special effects.

Posted by Professor Alan Rickman on March 08, 2009, 09:45 AM report to moderator
Gatinho_thumb

Well Rupert has read the book as it came out… he talked about it tons of times!

Im glad they are going to age the actors instead of casting new ones!!!!

Posted by Carol Carvalho on March 08, 2009, 09:52 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

It would be too unrealistic to add in new actors for the epilogue. I would think without a doubt that they’ll just “age them up”. Cool

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on March 08, 2009, 10:00 AM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

I’m happy they aren’t casting new actors. That just wouldn’t be good.

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on March 08, 2009, 10:02 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Maybe he just assumed they’ll age them up? I really hope they do because I don’t want the last faces we see to be … not them!

Posted by Christine on March 08, 2009, 10:03 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Voldemort," said Riddle softly, "is my past, present, and future, Harry Potter...."[br]He pulled Harry's wand from his pocket and began to trace it through the air, writing three shimmering words: TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE. Then he waved the wand once, and the