Rupert Grint Talks Deathly Hallows Epilogue and Script

Grint
March 08, 2009, 09:13 AM

The new issue of Total Film has a one page interview with actor Rupert Grint, where he briefly discussed his role as Ron Weasley in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The interview was conducted shortly before filming began last month, and Rupert noted he only had the Part One script to Deathly Hallows ("so far, it's looking really cool".) Rupert also went on to discuss the epilogue to the final Harry Potter novel by J.K. Rowling, and said he was surprised at the outcome of the trio. Quotage:

"I really liked it, it was a good ending. It was not what I expected, actually. For some reason, I thought at least one of me, Dan, Emma was going to not make it. But I think it's going to be cool, the whole 20 years later thing. It should be fun. They'll age us up."

You can see a scan of the article here

Thanks ICM and Ivana for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

Littleburrow_thumb

I think they are going to age them up. Didn’t dan also make a similar comment about them working on the makeup to make them look older?

This is a second similar comment so i think it looks promising.

Posted by decarus on March 08, 2009, 10:07 AM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

Ya they are goin to age them up. . . . Why would they cast new actors. . . . They are not small anymore. . . . It will be great to see old emma watson. . . :) he he he. . . . ;D

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 08, 2009, 10:18 AM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

Yeah, they’re old enough to be able to make them look convincingly older. If they were all still 15/16 they might have brought in some adult actors but I very much doubt they’ll do that. Besides, it will be a lot of fun for the makeup department, would you deprive them of that? :P Haha.

I adore Rupert. Perhaps a little too much..

Posted by Linnyish on March 08, 2009, 10:21 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

Well, I’m hope they’re just aging them…i’m sure it’ll be fine. I wanna see the kids though!

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on March 08, 2009, 10:22 AM report to moderator
Moodysdobby_thumb

I would love to get my hands on that script!!! I can’t wait! : )

Posted by Moody One ♥ROAR♥ on March 08, 2009, 10:25 AM report to moderator
Krum_avatar2_thumb

I agree with a lot of the other posters. I’d rather they just age them, rather than cast new actors. After all these years and 7 other movies, it wouldn’t seem right if the last time we saw the trio on screen, they were being protrayed by unknown actors.

Posted by AccioKrum on March 08, 2009, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Dsc05228_thumb

I’m sure Rupert knows about the ending, but was probably surprised that WB stayed true to the story and not switched it up to be more dramatic and make more of a profit.
I am also extremely excited to see the trio and ginny all grown up with kids of their own. Oh and I do hope the put Draco in the scene.

Posted by ProfKnight on March 08, 2009, 11:11 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

It’s good to know they’ll be keeping Rupert, Dan & Emma for the epilogue & not casting random actors. Seeing as the Back To The Future movies aged up Michael J Fox convincingly all that time ago, with all the new techniques & technology available now the Trio should look really good aged up :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on March 08, 2009, 11:18 AM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

No, ProfKnight. He was talking about the book, not the script.

The question is “What do you make of how JK Rowling ended the story?”

Read the article folks. Sheesh.

Posted by mollywobbles23 on March 08, 2009, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

It was a little surprising to me when he said they’re gonna be aged, but it makes sense. I mean technically, most of them are already adults so it wouldn’t be that hard… and it would be better than casting older adult actors that only sort of look like them.

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on March 08, 2009, 11:39 AM report to moderator
Dsc03556_thumb

I hope they age Dan, Rupert and Emma instead of casting older actors… it sorta makes u lose the character… it happened in the Narnia movies..

Posted by Pratiksha on March 08, 2009, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

LOL, yeah, Emma aged up will be quite a scene! :D

Posted by Christine on March 08, 2009, 11:44 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I think that they can age them in a good way, And I think that he was referring to before the book came out when he said that he was surprised that they had all made it to the end.

Posted by wizardinventor on March 08, 2009, 11:49 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I can not wait for this movie to come out.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on March 08, 2009, 12:03 PM report to moderator

I definitely think they would age them up rather than cast new actors. I just cant see them casting random adults for the last scene in the films. There would be no reason to not take the time and make dan, rupert, and emma aged for the scene haha.

Posted by padfoot84sb on March 08, 2009, 12:06 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"The truth." Dumbledore sighed. "It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.