One More Release Date Change: Half-Blood Prince Now Out July 15th, Confirmed by WB

Movies
April 14, 2009, 05:06 PM

Here we go again: Erc box office is reporting (now picked up too by ComingSoon.net) that Warner Bros has changed the release date for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince yet again, this time two days earlier than stated before to Wednesday, July 15, 2009. Update: WB has confirmed this now directly to TLC. Again, the new release date for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is Wednesday, July 15, 2009.

In a statement to the Associated Press, Warner Bros. head of distribution Dan Fellman said that "Every day the kids are out of school in summer is just like an extra Saturday."The article continues that with this move, it "gives the movie a head-start on the weekend during what's shaping up as a highly competitive summer season for Hollywood, which has major franchise films opening virtually every week." As readers will recall, OotP was moved shortly before its release, to the opening day as a Wednesday back in July, 2007.

Thanks so much to Jeff from ERC Boxoffice and Comingsoon.net for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Q3_thumb

Well I hope that this is confirmed very soon

if it IS true then YESS!
Only two days but YES!

Posted by KennedyJames on April 14, 2009, 05:08 PM report to moderator

1st!!
I hope this is true!!!

Posted by RightLeftMiddle {WBM} on April 14, 2009, 05:09 PM report to moderator

Sorry…not first
But i still hope its true!!!

Posted by RightLeftMiddle {WBM} on April 14, 2009, 05:09 PM report to moderator

Oh my god, Warner Bros. — just make up your mind already! XD

you know… if they change the date again, suddenly saying that HBP will be released in November, 2009, I will go mental….. O.o

Posted by Sophie on April 14, 2009, 05:11 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

yay! i hope it’s true!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 14, 2009, 05:13 PM report to moderator
Howling_wolf_2__thumb

omg, hope they make their mind up soon.
Oh well, hope it does come out earlier because I can’t wait!
I look forward to it, Hope this is confirmed

Posted by nicole 313 (WBM) on April 14, 2009, 05:13 PM report to moderator
Twitter2_thumb

Yay, two days earlier =D
Allthough they should just stick to one date.. xD

Posted by Niphai on April 14, 2009, 05:15 PM report to moderator
Avataranna_thumb

I kinda expected this, since for OotP they moved it to the Wednesday a few months before it came out… I’m not going azkatraz, but I really hope it doesn’t mess up the plans for that!

Posted by Anna on April 14, 2009, 05:15 PM report to moderator
Abpinkconverse_lg_thumb

I don’t mind it’s two days only…
Did someone said EARLIER?!?!?

…maybe I mind a little bit it is just two days…..

Posted by the_mad_person on April 14, 2009, 05:15 PM report to moderator
Choices_thumb

I’m pretty certain the reason is because I just submitted my vacation day request for July 17! Murphy’s Law…

Posted by dillypoo on April 14, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator
N656770229_4498000_9819_thumb

Yeah, i figured they would do that. Last time they did that so they could have a longer opening weekend. Sounds good to me :)

Posted by HeatherD on April 14, 2009, 05:18 PM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

YAY!! I hope it’s the same in the UK!!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on April 14, 2009, 05:18 PM report to moderator

I’ll believe it when I see the movie listed on the Movie Theatre Marquee and advertised on the theatre’s website. If it is true, cool. If not, two days won’t make much of a difference.

Posted by Leslie33 on April 14, 2009, 05:19 PM report to moderator
This_hug_was_freaking_epic__kthx_thumb

NO. THIS CANNOT HAPPEN.

Posted by luvthepuff on April 14, 2009, 05:20 PM report to moderator

this has got to be true or else i’ll cry! my hopes are high that they are putting the release closer and if they are not i’ll be crushed like i was on august 15 when they pushed if back to now in the first place. :( crosses fingers

Posted by iLoveNeville on April 14, 2009, 05:20 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Like father, like son, Potter! I have just saved your neck; you should be thanking me on bended knee! You would have been well served if he'd killed you! You'd have died like your father, too arrogant to believe you might be mistaken in Black -- now get