New Half-Blood Prince Trailer to Show in Theaters before Ghosts of Girlfriends Past May 1st

HBP Film
April 15, 2009, 09:45 PM

USA Today has a preview of the new trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released tomorrow night at 9:00 pm (Eastern). The paper reports this trailer will also be showing in movie theaters on May 1st before Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. Director David Yates is quoted as saying:

"Once you're hooked into these stories, it's really difficult to let go," director David Yates says. "The audience has grown up with these characters. I think that gives them a very special relationship. I can't think of any other movie franchise that has had that. They started out at 10 or 11, and now they're 18 and 19."

You can also see the new photos now here in our galleries, including a cursed Katie Bell hovering in the air, due to the necklace, Dumbledore waiting in the train station (note the sign behind him) another of Severus Snape by a burning Hagrid's Hut, Fenrir Greyback the Werewolf, grabbing a victim, a closeup of the Dark Mark over Hogwarts, and a dramatic shot of a crazed Bellatrix casting a spell in the Great Hall.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Fringe1_thumb

that is a super long advertisement at the begining

Posted by katiee on April 15, 2009, 09:51 PM report to moderator
Fringe1_thumb

I love the picture of Snape! Wow!

Posted by katiee on April 15, 2009, 09:53 PM report to moderator
Show_image

That pic of Katie in the air is creepy! It’s like she’s being crucified shivers I can’t wait!!

Posted by abbyluna on April 15, 2009, 09:56 PM report to moderator

I’m almost afraid I’ll get HBP overload before the movie. The Katie Bell and Diagon Alley pics are both scary. LOVE the Dumbledore one! Soo funny

Posted by AubNoelle on April 15, 2009, 09:58 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Woah, love the Diagon Alley one. The Dumbledore one in a subway station is kind of bothering me . . . Katie Bell one looks scary!!! The Snape one looks good. And the Bellatrix one looks crazy!
By the time HBP comes out, we will probably have seen enough pictures and trailers to have seen the whole entire movie lol :)

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on April 15, 2009, 10:02 PM report to moderator

Looking forward to it. Both the trailer and the movie. :)

Posted by sapph13 on April 15, 2009, 10:08 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

i wonder when reporters will come up with a more creative headline for HP…they have been asking if it will hold on to audiences since like the second movie….we aren’t going anywhere ppl! be more creative with your stupid stories..goshhhhh lol

good pics thoo! squee!

that katie bell picture scared the heck outa me.

Posted by john-robert. on April 15, 2009, 10:14 PM report to moderator

that katie bell picture scared the heck outa me.

Posted by john-robert. on April 15, 2009, 10:14 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Can’t wait to look at the pics!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 15, 2009, 10:17 PM report to moderator
Ph191_thumb

LOVE the picture of katie.

Posted by PotterYay on April 15, 2009, 10:19 PM report to moderator
Witch_hat_thumb

Love the pictures! Hate at&t for making such long ads. I’m especially excited for Greyback, I feel like they got him just right. I really don’t like Matthew McConaughey, but I always love seeing the trailers on the big screen- hmmm- compromise, compromise

Posted by *H*ROAR Mudblood Proud on April 15, 2009, 10:20 PM report to moderator
C36--only-one-he-ever-feared_thumb

Before Ghosts of the Girlfriends Past? Who is going to watch that movie?! They should’ve waited until Terminator or X-Men to release the official trailer!

Posted by LargeBlondDeathEater on April 15, 2009, 10:26 PM report to moderator
Poa_thumb

I really like the picture of Dumbledore at the train station! I remember really looking forward to seeing him walking down the streets in his robes to pick up Harry… but now, having them at the station has grown on me! It should be pretty funny! =D

Posted by Rumbleroar! on April 15, 2009, 10:32 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Scary Katie picture…{shivers} ; can’t wait!!!!!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on April 15, 2009, 10:36 PM report to moderator

"How'd the exam go, Snivelly?" said James.[br]"I was watching him, his nose was touching the parchment," said Sirius viciously. "There'll be great grease marks all over it, they won't be able to read a word."