Now Online: The Full Trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
April 16, 2009, 09:18 PM

Behold: the full length trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is now online!
Enjoy in glorious Quicktime High Definition: here (med), here (super large) and here (small). It is also available here in our galleries. Update: Yahoo has also released new character banners here!
Direct links as follows:

Medium
Small

FLASH
Large
Small

IPOD

This full length trailer for the sixth Harry Potter film is a dramatic serious trailer, full of new music, stunning new footage, most notably Snape whispering "It's Over."New are dramatic scenes in the cave, new dialogue from Dumbledore on how he can not destroy it by himself, and Lupin speaks about a mission given to Draco Malfoy. There are new shots of Ginny reaching out to Harry saying "take my hand," and then, they hold hands. Also new are shots of the Quidditch stadium, a close up of the Dark Mark, Hermione smacking Ron on the shoulder with her book in the Great Hall, stunned students standing at the bottom of the tower, Draco, Harry and Sectumsempra fight in the bathroom, a cursed Katie Bell hanging in the snowy air, much to the horror of the Trio, new shots of the creeping crawling Inferi, Draco wavering on the Tower saying "I have to do this," new footage of the Death Eater attack on the Bridge in London and much much more.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

I’ve compromised and watched the trailer with my eyes closed! So, basically I’ve listened to some really exciting and fast paced music thats got me feeling good without spoiling the film!

Posted by pipkin3 on April 17, 2009, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Blackpearl_thumb

I seriously thought I couldn’t get any more excited about the movie because there has been so many trailers but… I nearly wet myself after watching that one!

Posted by animalz10 ~~ROAR~~ on April 17, 2009, 05:18 PM report to moderator

Whoa!!!! Im speechless

Posted by dallaspotterfan on April 17, 2009, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

This is definitely the best trailer yet!

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on April 17, 2009, 06:16 PM report to moderator
Lilly_thumb

Awesome……sigh
But I am still mad at Warner Bros for that fake release date!!!!!! ggrrrrrrr

Posted by Lilly-Angel1 on April 17, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
4267095729a8640148318l_thumb

Everytime I see it, I get more, and more excited I DONT WANNA WAIT ANY LONGER!!!

Posted by HermioneMoreThanJustBrains~ROAR~ on April 17, 2009, 06:40 PM report to moderator

The trailer was so amazing. The Harry/Ginny part made me squeal. So cute. :)

Posted by rosalie on April 17, 2009, 07:16 PM report to moderator
Ththhogwartsheaven_thumb

This is too BRILLIANT for words!

Posted by Taylor Potter ~★ROAR★~ on April 17, 2009, 08:10 PM report to moderator
Iconator_6f49d3d21092e00bd5143836ef5b871a_thumb

THAT WAS AWESOME !!!!!!

Posted by lizzardbreath on April 17, 2009, 08:19 PM report to moderator
Hufflepufftie_thumb

Best HP trailer ever! And loving the EPIC twist to Hedwig’s Theme..:)

Posted by Scarlette on April 17, 2009, 08:24 PM report to moderator
Ravenqueen_thumb

That trailer was AMAZING!!!

Posted by raven_puff on April 17, 2009, 09:00 PM report to moderator
Knitsquare_thumb

I keep hoping, and hoping, that one of the movies will live up to my expectations…

My major annoyance with HBP so far is the whole “you have no choice, Harry” – I can see what they’re trying to get at, but the actual discussions between Harry and Dumbledore about whether Harry does have a choice are so much more nuanced in the book.

Book:

Dumbledore: “You see, the prophecy does not mean you have to do anything! But the prophecy caused Lord Voldemort to mark you as his equal…in other words, you are free to choose your way, quite free to turn your back on the prophecy! But Voldemort continues to set store by the prophecy. He will continue to hunt you…which makes it certain, really, that – ”

Harry: “That one of us is going to end up killing the other. Yes.”

But he understood at last what Dumbledore had been trying to tell him. It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high…

Posted by PurlgurlPotter [*SQUEE!*] on April 17, 2009, 09:43 PM report to moderator

Oh, wow! I love it! Best trailer ever. I’m glad they managed to fit so many different characters into it. I loved seeing more of Snape and Draco. And the Katie scene looks great.

Posted by badger666 on April 17, 2009, 09:47 PM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

So fantastic in high def squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on April 17, 2009, 09:53 PM report to moderator
Joannaandgodric_thumb

I am So ready for this MOVIE. Get ready for the best movie to date..

Posted by Joanna*ROAR* on April 17, 2009, 09:56 PM report to moderator

"Well, I can certainly see why we're trying to keep them alive," said Malfoy sarcastically. "Who wouldn't want pets that can burn, sting, and bite all at once?"