Now Online: The Full Trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
April 16, 2009, 09:18 PM

Behold: the full length trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is now online!
Enjoy in glorious Quicktime High Definition: here (med), here (super large) and here (small). It is also available here in our galleries. Update: Yahoo has also released new character banners here!
Direct links as follows:

Medium
Small

FLASH
Large
Small

IPOD

This full length trailer for the sixth Harry Potter film is a dramatic serious trailer, full of new music, stunning new footage, most notably Snape whispering "It's Over."New are dramatic scenes in the cave, new dialogue from Dumbledore on how he can not destroy it by himself, and Lupin speaks about a mission given to Draco Malfoy. There are new shots of Ginny reaching out to Harry saying "take my hand," and then, they hold hands. Also new are shots of the Quidditch stadium, a close up of the Dark Mark, Hermione smacking Ron on the shoulder with her book in the Great Hall, stunned students standing at the bottom of the tower, Draco, Harry and Sectumsempra fight in the bathroom, a cursed Katie Bell hanging in the snowy air, much to the horror of the Trio, new shots of the creeping crawling Inferi, Draco wavering on the Tower saying "I have to do this," new footage of the Death Eater attack on the Bridge in London and much much more.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

WOW! Can’t wait!

Posted by Jennibelle on April 17, 2009, 01:41 AM report to moderator

Oh. My. Gosh. I JUST GOT SHIVERS. CANT WAIT DANGIT!

Posted by Kohina on April 17, 2009, 01:47 AM report to moderator

I am in love with the Ron and Ginny poster!!! Hermione looks wonderful, but I wish she was with Ron and not slughorn. And they should just put her in the Ron and Ginny pic and then it would be the ULTIMATE poster!!!

Hermione slapping Ron with the book just sums up visually YEARS of verbal frustration that is well played out in the books.

Posted by AJWC1 on April 17, 2009, 01:47 AM report to moderator
Pru2_thumb
2016 Points

It is a good trailer… it is a nice trailer… watch me trailing to remain calm so I don’t wake up my whole house…

The trailer is OFF THE HOOK!!! And what I enjoyed was that we saw some scenes of Draco – who has been an under used character for the past 2 movies – I’m just so excited by this…

But I have a question – where is Ron when the Burrow is burning down? Cos we’ve got all the Weasley’s there but him!!!

Oh and the H/G ‘take my hand’ moment made me silently squeel – even though I’m a R/Hr shipper – can’t speak for fear this trailer is some kinda bizzarro dream!!!

Also Hooray no new Lavender scenes but Hermione hitting Ron!!! I wonder what he did – this will be ACE!!!

Posted by JustSuperMione on April 17, 2009, 01:54 AM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

This officially made me excited for this film again.

Posted by mollywobbles23 on April 17, 2009, 02:07 AM report to moderator
Broccoli02_thumb

I like the Japanese trailer better, but the new clips are great. Five trailers are more than enough WB, give us the movie already!

Posted by Matahari on April 17, 2009, 02:14 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

That’s awesome! The sequences of Death Eaters’ spirits in London are amazing!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Pollytomat on April 17, 2009, 02:20 AM report to moderator

This was by far the best trailer ever shown. I nearly had a heart failure and may have many more by the time the movie releases. It’s just awesome. I feel it’s gonna be the best movie ever. The attack at the burrow which was not expected now seems the best scene in the whole thing. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Dumbledore, GREAT JOBFANTASTICOUTSTANDNG. I’m in tears out of happiness….!!!!!

Posted by Shivi {ROAR} !! on April 17, 2009, 02:30 AM report to moderator
2v8o186_thumb

FREAKIN AWESOME & EPIC!

The Inferi & Katie Bell freaked me out though :O

Posted by morgannnn yo! {roar} on April 17, 2009, 02:34 AM report to moderator

to ausom for words makes it even harder to wait will have a hard time sleeping wanting to not miss a clue in it.

Posted by HGROSS44 on April 17, 2009, 02:43 AM report to moderator
Normal_films_dh2_poster_001_thumb

NICE

Posted by Zsquared on April 17, 2009, 02:44 AM report to moderator
C_01_thumb

I missed the Live show. When will it be up?

Posted by Rose on April 17, 2009, 02:46 AM report to moderator
Avatarhghbp_thumb

“Though I don’t seem to remember reading anything about the Burrow burning down. They seem to have taken a great deal of liberty with the book.”

I really wish people would get over this change, they have Jo’s full approval to do this scene, along with the other changes. Jo sees a copy of every draft of the script and if she has any major objections to changes she lets them know and they don’t do them.

A lot of these changes are to do with the fact that sometimes the way things are described in a book need to be changed so they come across in a more cinematic style.

If Jo is ok with these most of these changes, I don’t see what the fuss is.

Sure we will all differ on how we perceived a character in the book, or even certain situations, and sometimes they have got the character moments wrong (Ron being the biggest example of this before David Yates came along and corrected it in OOTP) but I think people just need to accept that sometimes in adapting from book to film there will be changes made to suit the new medium.

This is my favourite Potter trailer ever, and I can’t wait for the film to arrive.

Posted by mouse68 on April 17, 2009, 02:48 AM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

Accdg. to the previous reports, Deathly Hallows Film Productions are prepairing for the grand wedding scene, so it maybe the Wedding of Fleur and Bill is included. But We still don’t know if the venue is changed since we already saw that the Burrow were destroyed by the Death Eaters. …Or instead the Order of the Phoenix will use Reparo to restore the house. :D

Posted by EnricoDc on April 17, 2009, 02:58 AM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

Screenshots here: http://harrypotterupdate.multiply.com/photos/album/56/New_Images_from_the_Newest_HBP_trailer

Posted by EnricoDc on April 17, 2009, 03:14 AM report to moderator

The story of Fred and George's flight to freedom was retold so often that Harry could tell it would soon become the stuff of Hogwarts legend. Within a week, even those who had been eyewitnesses were half-convinced that they had seen the twins dive-bomb Um

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014