Helen McCrory Back as Narcissa for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

McCrory
April 17, 2009, 09:10 AM

There is a small new mention today of actress Helen McCrory who will be seen as Narcissa Malfoy, mother of Draco, wife of Lucius and sister to Bellatrix Lestrange in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. In the know columnist Baz Bamigboye for the Daily Mail reports that Helen and the other Helen, Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix) had some fun while filming for HBP, noting " the pair enjoyed scaring fellow cast members and giving the crew a double fright." The brief article also states that indeed that acclaimed stage actress McCrory will return in her role as Narcissa for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Readers will recall of course, the dramatic and pivotal decision Narcissa makes at the end of the book. Quotage from The Daily Mail: "Ms McCrory will also feature in Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows, which is shooting until next year  -  although she will find time this summer to portray Cherie Blair opposite (as this column revealed) Michael Sheen as one T. Blair, plus Dennis Quaid and Julianne Moore as Bill and Hillary Clinton, in Peter Morgan's The Special Relationship."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent McCrory News

Mugsp_profile_thumb

I think it’s so funny that the two “sisters” like to scare everybody. That’s awesome! It’s hilarious. :)

Posted by eiVega on April 17, 2009, 01:45 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

Hope the forest scene is good! Look forward to seeing her in HBP!

Posted by AbiDumbledore on April 17, 2009, 01:53 PM report to moderator

From what I’ve heard, she’s pretty good as Narcissa.

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on April 17, 2009, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Pru2_thumb
2016 Points

Yay I lobe that Helen and Helena got on so well – should make the movies BRILLIANT!

Posted by JustSuperMione on April 17, 2009, 02:29 PM report to moderator
Half-blood_prince_promo_thumb

Good to know! It’s the best to keep the original casts in the movie, in my opinion.

Posted by Elena on April 17, 2009, 02:45 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am pleased to hear that she is returning. Though I have not seen her perform the character in full yet, it seems safe to say, based on the footage we have seen in the trailers, that she will capture and reflect the character well. I am positive that she can convey her psychological dispositions and anxieties with a precision that will astonish us as fans.

Posted by Kirk on April 17, 2009, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

Thats exciting glad that are going to keep the same person form hbp and deathly hallows

Posted by bmg057 on April 17, 2009, 04:21 PM report to moderator
36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

Well, with only two movies left, after this one, it would only make sense to keep the same actor! Keeps the continuity!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on April 17, 2009, 05:06 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

i hope she plays her part well

Posted by Avangelis {WBM} on April 17, 2009, 07:12 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

thats great..she looks old kinda..

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on April 17, 2009, 07:21 PM report to moderator
H-r_thumb

I haven’t seen her act yet, so I don’t know if this is good or not. But yay for continuity purposes I guess. On an unrelated note, I’m not sure how I feel about this Dennis Quaid playing Bill Clinton thing…

Posted by fantasylover12001 on April 17, 2009, 08:32 PM report to moderator
Avpmpeoic2_thumb
2012 Points

I’m really getting excited with all this news that keeps coming in :D Why are they having Bill Clinton in it?

Posted by - Mishh. (WBM) on April 17, 2009, 09:32 PM report to moderator

I’ve not seen this woman act, but usually the people Cast for Harry Potter are excellent. Much consideration and time goes into picking the actors and actresses. I’m sure she will be great. I hope anyway.

Posted by on April 17, 2009, 09:40 PM report to moderator

Well I’m glad they’re keeping the same actress, but I hope she’s good. Obviously, we can’t judge her yet. I still don’t like how she looks, but whatever.

Posted by badger666 on April 17, 2009, 09:57 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I’m eager to see her performance in HBP!

Posted by Garden State Geek on April 17, 2009, 10:07 PM report to moderator

"From what the headmaster told me this morning, you saved a lot of lives last night, Harry. If I'm proud of anything I've done this year, it's how much you've learned..."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014