Location Filming Currently Underway in London for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
April 20, 2009, 05:43 PM

TLC has gotten multiple reports that location filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is currently underway tonight in London, England. Following on what TLC first reported several weeks ago, Staff and many readers have alerted us that crews bearing name tags with "HP7" are setting up location night shoots in the Piccadilly Circus and Shaftesbury Avenue portion of London. New reports say this new filming underway tonight and tomorrow is most likely for the Cafe attack scene with the Trio. These are due to run from 9pm till 530am (very late). If you are in the area, please send in your reports and photos to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org.

Update: Reader Milo owled to say that he heard "roughly 400 extras are going to be used over a 3 day period, each shoot lasting from 11pm-5am but due to congestion they are only allowed to film at 15 minute intervals. When I got down there earlier this evening I saw the production designer Stuart Craig surveying the area. There is a large unit base at the bottom of Piccadily Circus with and pretty much every crew member is involved in this shoot, and throughout the evening lots of mini buses carrying crew members from Leavesden studios were being dropped off." Thanks Milo!

Related: In case you missed the report from below; be sure to check out the recent Deathly Hallow location photos taken over the weekend in Scotland, involving Harry (Dan Radcliffe) and Hermione (Emma Watson) and the camping scenes.

Thanks so much to to all who owled!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

20110227_001_thumb

First??

I hope the fact that it says HP& on the name tags isn’t indicative of how they’re going to market the film, I hate this new idea of tagging numbers onto the end of the name!

Also…camping scenes including Harry and Hermione. No Ron? Maybe they’re filming the scenes where he left? Cool! I can’t wait to see those, that was one of my favourite parts of the book.

Posted by Bookworm_Weasley {HS} {ROAR} on April 20, 2009, 05:48 PM report to moderator
Imagen009_thumb

cool, very exciting

Posted by selene21 (ROAR) on April 20, 2009, 05:50 PM report to moderator
Paper_towns__thumb

Awww, why can’t I live closer to London? sad face

Posted by LunaLovesPudding on April 20, 2009, 05:55 PM report to moderator
Jonas_thumb

Cool! I love all this news:)

Posted by NargleCatcher on April 20, 2009, 05:59 PM report to moderator
N618926188_4334_thumb

sooo exciting!!!

Posted by herminjet on April 20, 2009, 06:02 PM report to moderator
N618926188_4334_thumb

sooo exciting!!!

Posted by herminjet on April 20, 2009, 06:02 PM report to moderator
Avatar_nerd_thumb

I wish I could be there! It would be so cool… smiles dreamily

Posted by Imperiused! on April 20, 2009, 06:05 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

YAY!

Posted by maera-kyrie on April 20, 2009, 06:09 PM report to moderator
12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

Aww I’m only like an hour away but I can’t go sob

Posted by MuggleQueen on April 20, 2009, 06:14 PM report to moderator
Photo-103336_thumb_thumb

oooh that is so cool!!! could you imagine being an extra in DH!?!?!?!?

Posted by Phlegm dela Coeur on April 20, 2009, 06:28 PM report to moderator

Aww if only I lived in London…

Posted by Ilyanna on April 20, 2009, 06:28 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

Wow, so much DH news! My brain is on overload! So exciting!

Posted by phantomdave79 on April 20, 2009, 06:58 PM report to moderator
Iconator_04e9497c4d2be426fe2888b16a16f53d_thumb

yay, exciting!!!!

Posted by RaWr...WeReWoLf on April 20, 2009, 07:04 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I wish I could see this filming in person! Let us hope additional media surfaces online in the next few days!

400 extras? For what would they need these? Hmm. I am wondering whether or not they are going to transform this isolated incident into something more epic.

Posted by Kirk on April 20, 2009, 07:31 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

yeah so true. if only i lived in London. i’d love to be one of those 400 extras.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on April 20, 2009, 07:31 PM report to moderator

"Yeah," said Ron slowly, savoring the words, "[i]we won.[/i] Did you see the look on Chang's face when Ginny got the Snitch right out from under her nose?"[br] "I suppose she cried, did she?" said Harry bitterly.