USA TODAY: Burrow Attack Scene in Half-Blood Prince a Standout Scene

HBP Film
April 24, 2009, 10:34 PM

We've known for many months now, even witnessed footage seen in the newest trailer, that there is to be an attack on the Burrow included in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. In their guide to Summer movies, the USA Today has a very brief preview of the film, and notes the events at the Burrow are a "Standout Scene." While this preview is only a few sentences long, it does contain a cool new detail and slight description of the attack:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (July 17)
Warner Bros.

The principals (Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint) return for the sixth installment, as Lord Voldemort's threat hangs heavier over Hogwarts as Dumbledore prepares Harry for the final battle with his ultimate foe. Meanwhile, adolescent hormones run wild through the corridors of the academy.

Standout scene: While visiting Harry and the Weasleys, part-werewolf Lupin (David Thewlis) catches a strange scent outdoors. Soon huge snake-like flames slither toward the house as Death Eater Bellatrix Lestrange (Helena Bonham Carter) appears and leads Harry into the marshes while fire begins to consume the porch and walls.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Image_thumb

XD squee mention of Remus and Tonks makes my day!

Posted by Kamidee {ROAR!} [TZS] on April 24, 2009, 10:40 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_girl_thumb

PART-werewolf? isn’t he ALL werewolf? but still this is really cool! I’m so excited to see this new scene. although it’s kind of strange that a non-canon scene is the standout scene

Posted by ameema on April 24, 2009, 10:46 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Awesome :) Sometimes I think that they shouldn’t even include new scenes … but I guess this one sounds okay.

Posted by Christine on April 24, 2009, 10:46 PM report to moderator
Squee_thumb

81 days to go!!

Posted by Kismatt on April 24, 2009, 10:54 PM report to moderator
N1585320109_30028278_6922_thumb

Yay for screen-time for Lupin. :)

Posted by Kelsey on April 24, 2009, 10:56 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

This scene sounds fantastic. I initially had some questions about it, but after seeing some of the footage of it in the trailers, I must confess that I am thoroughly excited to see it.

Posted by Kirk on April 24, 2009, 11:02 PM report to moderator
Wrock_021_thumb

This actually sounds really good.

Posted by Sarep [WBM] [IFTC] [Penguin] on April 24, 2009, 11:13 PM report to moderator
Snapeward_thumb

Ah, yes! Sounds really good. ;D

Posted by Hufflepuffler on April 24, 2009, 11:13 PM report to moderator

This isn’t in the book right? I wonder how it fits in with the plot. Halfblood Prince has so many events happening. I wonder how they’ll manage to fit this in…

Posted by anukritis on April 24, 2009, 11:15 PM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

Cool, I like a good Weasley Bad Arse Scene, I’m ready XD

Posted by Brianna on April 24, 2009, 11:16 PM report to moderator
Picture4_052_thumb

Oooh, sounds awesome. I’m so excited for this film!

Posted by joelface on April 24, 2009, 11:17 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

whoaa hooray for Lupin! :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on April 24, 2009, 11:34 PM report to moderator

haha I love Lupin…I just hope this scene fits. It sounds a little surreal because it wasn’t in the book

Posted by kenmarekestrels93 {{ROAR}} on April 24, 2009, 11:37 PM report to moderator
Fef_efe_thumb

I/m so pumped for this movie.

Posted by DilltheMuggle on April 24, 2009, 11:42 PM report to moderator
L_s_icon_thumb

LOL…It’s funny how with every film, they mention the characters’ hormones. I guess that’s just a synopsis element that will never die out. Anyway, the Burrow scene sounds exciting, and seems like it should capture the same “feel” of the tremulous atmosphere created by the Death Eaters, and Voldemort’s other followers, as was in the book.

Posted by VeganMudblood on April 24, 2009, 11:45 PM report to moderator

"Yeah, size is no guarantee of power," said George. "Look at Ginny."[br]"What d'you mean?" said Harry.[br]"You've never been on the receiving end of one of her Bat-Bogey Hexes, have you?"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014