Attention Students: Report to Mandrake Potting at Harry Potter, the Exhibition

Movies
April 25, 2009, 07:53 PM

A reminder that later this week, Harry Potter, the Exhibition is due to open at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry. As we've reported many times before, this traveling exhibition will feature props and sets used in the Harry Potter films. Last February we told you fans attending this exhibit will be able to walk on a Quidditch pitch, and see Hagrid's Hut. Today, the Museum let us know their website has been updated with a brand new detailed guide, plus new photos of how the exhibit will look, including a peek at the Gryffindor Common Room, costumes worn during Quidditch World Cup in Goblet of Fire and more. New are details about the Great Hall, Hagrid's Hut  Magical Creatures (Beware of the Horn Tail Dragon and Aragog!) and special Hands On events. Harry Potter fans and guests at the exhibit will now be able to throw a Quaffle, and report to Herbology Class to pull a Mandrake plant, just like we saw in Chamber of Secrets in Herbology class with Hufflepuff Head Professor Sprout. Tickets for the Exhibition are now available; the event runs April 30-September 27th. A  press preview night is being held this Wednesday, and TLC's own Edward will be there to bring you all the details, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

143_thumb

omg i wish i could go
i must find a way to leave school and go to Chicago

Posted by LifeInAPizzaBox on April 25, 2009, 07:57 PM report to moderator
Picture4_052_thumb

Sweet can’t wait for it to come to Sydney in like 10 million years!

Posted by joelface on April 25, 2009, 07:59 PM report to moderator
Wrock_021_thumb

I wonder if there is anything from HBP

Posted by Sarep [WBM] [IFTC] [Penguin] on April 25, 2009, 08:15 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

awsoommeee!!!!!

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on April 25, 2009, 08:20 PM report to moderator

I’m a proud Hufflepuff who will BE THERE to pull some mandrakes!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Posted by AubNoelle on April 25, 2009, 08:24 PM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

Man, I really hopes this exhibition comes to Philadelphia.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on April 25, 2009, 08:34 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

man. if only it will come to dallas. that’d be way cool. :D if not. road trip! haha

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on April 25, 2009, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Maryjim_thumb

Oh man, that is awesome. Hopefully this will go around the country later on.

Posted by treebeliever on April 25, 2009, 08:50 PM report to moderator
143_thumb

there should be some in Montreal

Posted by LifeInAPizzaBox on April 25, 2009, 08:50 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

I have my tickets for May 15th! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! I can’t wait to see this!!!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on April 25, 2009, 08:54 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Yay! I will be there on Friday! Can’t wait to pot Mandrakes, go in the Great Hall, walk through Hagrid’s Hut, and especially I can’t wait to throw a Quaffle!

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on April 25, 2009, 08:54 PM report to moderator
Me1_thumb

Eeep! I hope I can go on Saturday or something but idk bc the friend I’m going with has plans and I don’t want to wait haha :)

Posted by Jesicurz93 on April 25, 2009, 08:59 PM report to moderator
Rowena_thumb

This is so exciting.. I don’t think I can go, but I hope everyone there has a blast!! :)

Posted by lumosshimmy {WBM!} on April 25, 2009, 09:12 PM report to moderator
Photo-103336_thumb_thumb

pulling a mandrake!?!? awesome!!!

Posted by Phlegm dela Coeur on April 25, 2009, 09:15 PM report to moderator
Ilzairspar_thumb

I’m going tomorrow! I’m so PSYCHED!

Posted by Ilzairspar on April 25, 2009, 09:20 PM report to moderator