Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince Websites Update Roundup: Soundtrack, Exhibit and Contest News

Movies
April 30, 2009, 10:00 AM

We have few quick update today regarding various things relating to official WB Harry Potter websites. First the official WB widget has been updated with video of Harry Potter, the Exhibit, and we have more video from the event here in our galleries. You can also now listen to a podcast on how they developed the exhibit here via this link. TLC editor Edward attended the special fan site preview held yesterday at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, and he will have a full report online shortly, stay tuned!

Also the US Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince website now has some of the newer posters online, however there are others (all available here in our galleries) which seem to be only available via the UK edition. Also on the US site is a link now for "promotions, the current one being the previously reported London Premiere Sweepstakes which involves a grand prize trip for two to the premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

The contest will only be open to very select viewing markets and limited amount of residents of only a few cities in the US. We will have much more on this contest shortly, and will update with that in the near future. What is of interest are the rules, which state that winners of the trip will depart on either July 3 or 4 with a return of July 8 or 9th. Readers will recall there have been several reports about the premieres for the sixth Harry Potter film. WB has told TLC directly the tentatively set for HBP are still not officially confirmed as of yet. As we reported earlier, these tentative locations and dates are: Japan on July 6, London, England on July 7th and New York, New York on July 8th. We will update, of course once Warner Bros issues a formal release confirming all of these dates!

Finally, of interest are photos of the prizes to the sweeps, which include not only the Video Game which is due June 30 as TLC reported earlier, but also a peek at  the new cover of the Half-Blood Prince Soundtrack, which you can see here in our galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Dsc00162_thumb

When is the release date for the soundtrack? I’m dying to hear it!

Posted by dcrazmo {ROAR} on April 30, 2009, 01:49 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Wish I lived in the US :(

Avatar_hp_thumb

Wish I lived in the US :(

Avatar_hp_thumb

Wish I lived in the US :(

Harry_thumb

cool:)

Posted by blackhair on April 30, 2009, 02:22 PM report to moderator
Photo_25_thumb

I haven’t been a big fan of the posters. I like them, but I think they could be better. I am hoping they will release more. I would like to see the trio at least together in some form or fashion on a poster. I know it’s all about Harry and Dumbledore this time around, but I would like more of the trio.

Posted by David. on April 30, 2009, 02:34 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

GAH! I’m not in a mailing area for the contest!!

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on April 30, 2009, 02:56 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

yayyy i’m totally participating in the sweepstakes! haha :D way cool HBP site

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on April 30, 2009, 03:00 PM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

I think the soundtrack of Harry Potter is really cool in the movie, I mean it gives power to the scenes but I wouldnt buy it. I am not a fan of classic music. The soundtrack of Twilight is very good, Linkin Park and Paramore! Awesome! But the movie and the books…not so much.

Posted by Tamyris on April 30, 2009, 03:00 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

yay, my county is eligible! going to try to win that trip to london :D

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 30, 2009, 03:12 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

wow i like the snape/draco poster! i like the new batch of posters with the rest of the cast

Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

The cover reminds me of the Prisoner of Azkerban poster. Nice!

Posted by budgie on April 30, 2009, 05:48 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-08-05_at_5

The exhibit looks really cool. I hope I win the sweepstakes!

Posted by Sirius17 -ROAR_ on April 30, 2009, 06:02 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-08-05_at_5

AHHHH I’m not in the mailing area

Posted by Sirius17 -ROAR_ on April 30, 2009, 06:03 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Yay! I really can’t wait for the soundtrack! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 30, 2009, 06:34 PM report to moderator

"It's not possible to live with the Dursleys and not hate them," said Harry. "I'd like to see you try it."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014