There's No Business Like Snow Business for Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida

Fans
April 06, 2009, 12:49 PM

In perhaps a fun bit of Magic, or Muggle might at work, early concept art for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park is proving to become reality. The Orlando Sentinel reports today that just as we saw in this artwork for the Hogsmeade village portion of the theme park currently under construction in sunny Florida, a company has been hired to make the village a snow covered site. The paper states that:

Universal has signed a special-effects contract with SnowMasters Evaporative Snow Systems Inc. The Anderson, Ala.-based company builds fake snow-making machines and offers everything from blowing snow to ground blankets to faux icicles.

No word if Snowball fights will be available ;)  Construction on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction at Universal Orlando continues, with the park set to open sometime in 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Avatar_thumb

to the person who asked how I know that the snow was soap flavored…I tried to catch some snow flakes with my tongue. I immediately regretted the decision once I caught one. However it was still a lovely site to see!

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on April 06, 2009, 07:58 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

also, I love how everyone in the US is complaining about snow right now (including me) but on these forums we are like “yeah snow!!1 I can’t wait!” hahaha.

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on April 06, 2009, 07:59 PM report to moderator
Photo_1049_thumb

how fun!

Posted by eruanna317 on April 06, 2009, 08:39 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

Is this real snow or fake snow — because if it’s fake, it won’t last long in Orlando. They must have to provide constant refrigeration.

Posted by Garden State Geek on April 06, 2009, 08:45 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

hmmm hot florida…chilly snow…
how is this gonna work out again??

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on April 06, 2009, 09:45 PM report to moderator
Becky_thumb

So exciting! I’m thrilled about this theme park.

Posted by The Silver Doe on April 06, 2009, 10:14 PM report to moderator
Opossum_thumb

I doubt they’ll make it snow there 365 days a year. If you look at the concept art, there’s a LOT of fake snow involved, and the company in question specializes not just in snow machines but basic fake snow designs… like fake icicles, fake snow on the ground, etc. I wouldn’t be too surprised if they make it snow around the holidays – most of the theme parks here do that. It’s pretty standard. They might even do it during the first couple of weeks. I can’t imagine them having snow machines running year ’round. It would be a horrible waste of electricity, particularly when so many of the theme parks are trying to cut costs.

Posted by charminggoats on April 06, 2009, 11:57 PM report to moderator

That’s so awesome! I was scared that since the park was in Florida, it wouldn’t be able to have snow, so this is really awesome news for me :D Hogwarts without snow (at least for some weeks or months of the year) wouldn’t really be Hogwarts :P

Posted by Sophie on April 07, 2009, 12:16 AM report to moderator
Hogwartshouses_thumb

Ah, here in Michigan, when there isnt enough snow on the slopes, we make snow constantly. Though I think they will have to have a decent system going and probably will be soapy. They will figure something out.

Posted by Bellamount on April 07, 2009, 01:06 AM report to moderator

I hope they won’t overdo it with the snow … just because of the huge amount of electricity those machines would consume … theme parks are like giant black wholes as far as waste is concerned. Sigh. But it looks nice, that I’ll give them.

Posted by Lupa on April 07, 2009, 02:19 AM report to moderator
Picture_3_thumb

Every post on this park makes me want to go there more!!!! MAGIC SNOW! (I prefer the term “magic” rather than “fake”) I’m so excited… :D

Posted by Araminta1987 on April 07, 2009, 05:12 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Awesome! I love snow!

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on April 07, 2009, 08:18 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

I can’t wait for the opening! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 07, 2009, 09:24 AM report to moderator

That would be so cool, I hope they really do it!

Posted by ethanHP on April 07, 2009, 09:52 AM report to moderator
Photo_41_thumb

sweet, looks really good

Posted by rebel on April 07, 2009, 12:06 PM report to moderator

"Oh, come on," said Ron, wrenching it from [Hermione's] grasp and thrusting it at Madam Pince. "We'll get you another autograph. Lockhart'll sign anything if it stands still long enough."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014