Tom Felton Reflects Back on Landing Part as Draco Malfoy for Harry Potter Films

Felton
May 29, 2009, 09:47 AM

Actor Tom Felton has given a new interview to the Press Association where he reflects back on landing the part of Draco Malfoy for the Harry Potter films. He said that he originally wanted to play the part of the boy who lived, but ended up with the part of his nemisis.

"I went for Harry for about five times and then Ron for a couple more and ended up dying my hair blond for Draco. I had my hair dyed brown, ginger and then blond and finally they got it right. "I know Chris Columbus (director) was very keen I think to use me in the film but didn't quite know where to place me so to speak, so I am glad he found a place. I don't know what he saw in me as an 11-year-old, I can't see how I could be evil, but I am very glad he gave me the part of Draco definitely."

With Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince due out shortly in theaters July 15, Tom also gave some thoughts on the last movie, as filming for the final installment in the series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, is well underway: "It's a sad thought and an exciting one at the same time - I think we're all a little bit anxious about it being the last one but at the same time very excited to see what's going to come for all of us."

He added: "I have endless memories. To pick out one is an endless task, but collectively the seven years have been a huge, huge experience for me and a great learning experience and I've met some great friends and it's been too good to be true."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

1980 Points

best draco ever!!!!!!

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on May 30, 2009, 03:33 AM report to moderator

He’s a great Draco!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on May 30, 2009, 04:06 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

Aw, he is a good Draco – I’m glad he got the part. And I can’t wait for HBP!

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on May 30, 2009, 05:10 AM report to moderator

Awww starting the reminiscing already….. guess we’re going to get a lot more of these….

Posted by blue_dreamer on May 30, 2009, 05:20 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Omg, Tom as RON!? Ahhhhh, that’s strange! :) I’m glad he’s Draco!

Posted by Christine on May 30, 2009, 05:25 AM report to moderator

OMG I LUV TOM FELTON!!! THIS INTERVIEW IS AMAZIN! I LUV HIM IN THE MOVIES!!! HE’S AMAZIN! IM SO EXCITED HE’S FINALLY GETTIN MORE ATTENTION! GO TOM! <3333333333333

Posted by Malfoyluva on May 30, 2009, 07:03 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

its so weird to imagine him as any other character!

Posted by loony_slytherin on May 30, 2009, 07:37 AM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Tom as Ron would just be silly

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on May 30, 2009, 07:58 AM report to moderator

Tom is sooo cool. I’d like to see him with ginger hair, I bet he’s handsome!

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on May 30, 2009, 09:05 AM report to moderator
Poa105_thumb

Whoa…imagine if he had gotten the part of Harry and Dan had gotten the part of Draco, wierd!

Posted by Lucilla{ROAR!!} on May 30, 2009, 09:06 AM report to moderator
Hpsssorting_thumb

I’m glad he ended up as Draco. He’s perfect in that role. And I can’t see anyone else as Ron because Rupert just fits into that role so well. The same goes for Daniel and Emma.

Posted by TheSortingHat[ROAR] on May 30, 2009, 09:07 AM report to moderator
Z_thumb

there wud b no potter without a malfoy.

Posted by chocolaterabbits on May 30, 2009, 09:59 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

nice little tidbits about Tom! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on May 30, 2009, 10:06 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

He is such a great Draco—i couldnt imagine anyone else playing his part!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on May 30, 2009, 04:41 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

Tom is a phenomenal Draco!

Posted by KC Nox on May 31, 2009, 12:24 AM report to moderator

"Harry Potter managed to escape Lord Voldemort," said Dumbledore. "He risked his own life to return Cedric's body to Hogwarts. He showed, in every respect, the sort of bravery that few wizards have ever shown in facing Lord Voldemort, and for this, I hono

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014