LeakyCon Schedule Released!

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
May 07, 2009, 02:08 AM

We are less than TWO WEEKS from LeakyCon 2009, and things are getting even more exciting. We'll have another big announcement for you soon. In the meantime, here's the schedule of events, so those of you registered can start getting your schedules in order:

Thursday
Friday Morning
Friday Afternoon and Evening
Saturday Morning
Saturday Afternoon and Evening
Sunday

We'll be highlighting much of the programming in coming days. In the meantime, here are some reminders:

Registration is here.

Tickets to ALL of our keynotes are going fast (and keynotes do not clash with ANY other programming: there is no chance that when signing up for one you will miss anything else). Here, again, are the links to our other two terrific panels:

Editors and Authors: Cheryl Klein and John Green - click here to read about it, click here to register.

Nosh with the Nerdfighters - click here to read about it, click here to register.

Q&A with Michael Goldenberg - click here to read, click here to register.

We are also holding a drawing for a signed one-of-a-kind collection of all 10 American-Edition Harry Potter books, donated by Scholastic and J.K. Rowling. For pics and video of the set, click here.

REMINDER ABOUT OUR TWITTER CONTEST: We are extending the Twitter contests for our Keynote presentations. If you twitter the following phrases you or the registrant of your choice (so tell your friends to do it) may win a free ticket to the corresponding keynote. (And do not wait to see if you've won to buy a ticket: if you already have a ticket and you win, we will refund you; the winners will be announced the week before the conference). Copy and paste these into your twitter:

#1:
Michael Goldenberg, screenwriter on HP5, is keynoting @leakycon2009! Go here for details: http://tinyurl.com/d9ba8g - more @leaky!
(don't worry, the first phrase we asked you to use will enter you as well)

#2:
Nerdfighters @leakycon2009! Go here for details: http://tinyurl.com/cd4eb8 - more @leaky!

#3:
Cheryl Klein and John Green on writing @leakycon2009 - go here for details: http://tinyurl.com/cmjk2w - more @leaky!

Thanks and good luck!

Don't forget, the main LeakyCon registration includes:

Welcome Feast
Leaving Feast
The Rocking Charity Ball
THREE enormous wizard rock shows with more than 15 bands performing
All in-conference programming
Vendor Room
Podcasts, including live PotterCast, Spellcast, Spinnerscast and more
Film screenings
And a lot more - an unbelievable value that is unparalleled anywhere. LeakyCon is a charity conference, with all proceeds benefiting Book Aid International and the HP Alliance.

We will see you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

475968_thumb

Hurrah for the schedule! Thank you!

Posted by TarsieS (FTC) on May 07, 2009, 06:16 AM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

I’m actually going, yeye. Can’t wait, Melissa.

Posted by Brad Ausrotas on May 07, 2009, 06:36 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I would love to see one of these in the UK. England more specifically. I would be there in a heartbeat.

Hope you have fun whoever goes though :(

Posted by Prisoner Of Azkaban on May 07, 2009, 06:40 AM report to moderator
Family_thumb

Whoohoo! It’s awesome to see the time blocks! Thanks!

Posted by Sallene on May 07, 2009, 07:55 AM report to moderator
Hp_ravenclaw_thumb

I’m so jealous. It sounds amazing. If only it was in Australia!

Posted by Verity Weasley on May 07, 2009, 07:56 AM report to moderator
Bookworm_thumb

Hooray! I’m so excited. Of course, I’m at work right now, so I can’t take too much time to pour over the schedule, but as soon as I get home tonight, I will start plotting everything out. I want to fit in as much as possible! :D

Posted by Bookworm Jen on May 07, 2009, 08:12 AM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

jealous of all those going!

Posted by bec majec *roar* on May 07, 2009, 08:37 AM report to moderator
My_avatar_thumb

awesome, lucky everyone who is going! I can’t wait for the podcasts

Posted by SnapesSilverDoe on May 07, 2009, 08:52 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

I third imaxchen. World tour! World tour! World tour!

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on May 07, 2009, 09:22 AM report to moderator
Puff_thumb

So much great programming! DAH!! What to choose!

Posted by KimmyBlair on May 07, 2009, 09:38 AM report to moderator
Liana_xmas_thumb

OH! I volunteered, but I’m not flying in until 5 p.m. Wish I had known so much else would be going on on the first day…. I thought there wasn’t anything until the Feast.

Posted by loquaciouskook on May 07, 2009, 09:52 AM report to moderator
Pre_spookyhalloween_thumb

:( i wanna go, but can’t! :(

Posted by hermy65 on May 07, 2009, 10:26 AM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

Awww congrats to everyone who’s going!

Posted by maera-kyrie on May 07, 2009, 10:30 AM report to moderator
Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

That sounds great. I wish I could go. Looking forward to the podcasts though. Have fun everyone who’s going.

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on May 07, 2009, 10:39 AM report to moderator
Bodyshot_icon_thumb

I am like a kid in a candy store…..how can I choose?

Posted by MysteryloverAnne on May 07, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator

"We're off to the village, there's a very pretty girl working in the paper shop who thinks my card tricks are something marvelous... almost like real magic..."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014