Detailed Description of New TV Commercial for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
May 09, 2009, 07:06 AM

As we noted previously, the television spots for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have begun airing, the first one broadcast last night on the CW channel. Many thanks to TLC reader Honourary Weasley, who sent us  a detailed list of what is contained in the commercial; anyone with video please send it in to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org. Honourary Weasley writes new new TV spot has:

- Shot of Hermione/Harry at the top of the tower
- Shot of crowded school hallway and McGonagall
- Ron and Harry standing at the side of the hallway in their school robes, laughing
- Shot of the speeding tube
- Harry in the coffee shop/diner. Reading the Daily Prophet. Headlines include "Bridge Collapse: Death Toll Rises", "Harry Potter, The Chosen One?", and "______ New Minister Promises Swift Action".( I couldn't make out the first word)
- The waitress checks out Harry and gives him a smile. Harry checks his breath.
- Dumbledore to Harry: "What about your activities outside the classroom? I can't help wondering if..."
- Shot of Ginny, the Harry/Ginny kiss
- Harry to Dumbledore: "Oh no, no. I mean, she's brilliant, we're friends." (Upon further review, I honestly wonder if they are talking about Hermione or Ginny)
- Hermione smacks Harry with parchment in the library. Harry: "Ok, sorry"
- Flying Quidditch Shots
- Celebrations of the Quidditch win in the Gryffindor common room, Ron/Lav kiss
- Lavender in the Hospital Wing, with Snape/Slughorn/Dumbledore in the background
- Lavender (indignant): "I happen to be his girlfriend".
- Overhead shot of train in winter
- Nice shot of Hermione outdoors, smiling
- Ron hovering near the rings with an arm raised in victory
- In the hospital wing, Lavender leaning forward, awaiting something. (My guess is this is the "Er-my-nee" scene)
- Shot of Ron out cold in the hospital bed, Ginny sitting next to him in a chair.
- Hermione standing on other side of the bed, looking ready for a fight. Hermione: "I happen to be his...friend".
- Hermione smacks Ron with the book in the Great Hall
- Ron lying on the ground, talking to Harry. Ron: "These girls, they're going to kill me, Harry".
- Voiceover: "Harry Potter and the HBP" with the logo
- Hospital Wing - Snape/Slughorn/Dumbledore/

Harry. Snape is holding a golden cylinder looking bottle with a top resembling a teapot fliptop.
- Dumbledore: Either "Don't we yearn, to feel love's keen sting" or "Aren't we young, to feel love's keen sting". (One of the two, it wasn't that clear.)
- Shot of Harry with Gryffindors in the background (Seamus, Neville, Dean, Hermione). This looks like it takes place before/after the Quidditch match, as they are wearing their Gryffindor t-shirts and someone in the background has their face painted.
- Opening in Theatres and Imax 3D July 15.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

wow… it really looks amazing!!!!

Posted by Bunty on May 09, 2009, 07:12 AM report to moderator
5908_12290828084_thumb

ya really amazing

Posted by hbp will be betterthan tdk on May 09, 2009, 07:15 AM report to moderator
Foto_8_thumb

SO COOL :D

Posted by Lilleby on May 09, 2009, 07:16 AM report to moderator
Ca67gdqr_thumb

gasps

Posted by SirEdwardsGuardian [WBM!] on May 09, 2009, 07:17 AM report to moderator
Bearcry_thumb

AWESOME!

Posted by A Tackier Pink on May 09, 2009, 07:18 AM report to moderator
Bearcry_thumb

has anyone uploaded???!?!?

Posted by A Tackier Pink on May 09, 2009, 07:22 AM report to moderator
268141_10150258426464313_156794164312_6914503_4625251_n_thumb

I hope it will be on youtube soon

Posted by Hermione_Granger1987 on May 09, 2009, 07:24 AM report to moderator

I already get excited by the desciption. Thanks Honourary Weasley

Posted by greatpetie83 on May 09, 2009, 07:29 AM report to moderator
Hermionehb_thumb

Durn, we will have seen the entire movie by the time it comes out. I HAVE to watch this though… i’m excited to see more of Ron/Lavender/Hermione. This commercial seems to lean more towards the romantic side of the movie which i have been curious about.

Posted by Salame on May 09, 2009, 07:30 AM report to moderator
119152761_thumb

Yay! It looks great. I hope someone can upload a video soon. Thanks Honourary Weasley for the description.

Posted by butterbeer bottle on May 09, 2009, 07:33 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

OHHHHH LOOKS SOOOOOOO AWESOME. Can’t wait to see one of the adverts myself. And I can’t wait to see the film!!!!! =D =D YAY!

(Thanks Honorary Weasley.)

I CAN’T wait! :’(

Posted by Mairéad on May 09, 2009, 08:05 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

I finally know what’s going on! :p

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on May 09, 2009, 08:09 AM report to moderator
1930 Points

Ahhh! That’s so many new clips!!

Posted by felixfelicis11 on May 09, 2009, 08:29 AM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

Wow! I wish I had seen that! Now I’m dying to see it. I never watch the CW anymore so I really hope they start showing it on other channels or someone posts it on youtube. I can’t wait to see this and now that the TV commercials are starting it feels much more real to me that we are finally going to get to see HBP! My only complaint is that I’m not really into the whole harry and the waitress scene nor am I a fan of the Dumbledore discussing Harry’s “extracurriclar activities” with him. Idk they just seem really out of place and out of character for both Harry and Dumbledore. Its just a little weird and doesn’t sound right to me, but I guess I’ll wait until I see the commercial for myself before deciding how I really feel about those parts. Oh well, the rest sounds fantastic! I’m so excited now!

Posted by bella vita on May 09, 2009, 08:42 AM report to moderator

"[Percy's] not himself. His exam results came the day before you did; twelve O.W.L.s and he hardly gloated at all."