Deathly Hallows Movie Updates: Charity Burbage Cast, Possible Historic Home for Exterior Shots and More

DH Film
June 12, 2009, 08:01 AM

A few updates today regarding the ongoing filming for the two parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. First, word has it that actress Carolyn Pickles (photo here)has been cast in the part of Muggle Studies professor Charity Burbage who appeared so memorably in the opening scene of Deathly Hallows. Again while we at TLC believe this to be accurate, as with all the casting reports over the months, we remind you that official confirmation will arrive only when WB formally announces the cast list for the final Harry Potter movies.

Second, the Press Association and the Telegraph is reporting today that a historic home in the UK may be the location, exterior shot or play some feature in Deathly Hallows. A spokesperson for the National Trust in the UK confirmed reports that location scouts for the Potter films are interested in Hardwick Hall. The articles state: A spokesman for National Trust said: "It's certainly true that they have been to look but we are awaiting for confirmation."There's no guarantee that they are coming and, even if they did use it, it wouldn't be until next year." Again, we have no idea what this impressive building might be used for, whether it be for exteriors of Malfoy Manor, having to do with a flashback scene or what, we simply do not more. Should further news on this be released,we will of course update when we can.

Also a reminder too that location filming is due in the next weeks or so. Thanks to London Taxi Tours for their vigilance in photographing an area in the Swinley Forest area of the UK, and recently Burnley Beeches where they say that some filming already took place, possibly involving Dan Radcliffe and Emma Watson in some additional camping scenes.

Finally scores and scores of readers alerted us to this video taken on the recent Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince prop train in France, containing interviews with Bonnie Wright and the Phelps brothers who confirm they will be filming for Deathly Hallows next month. (Be sure to watch the entire video for fabulous looks at many of the props and sets in HBP)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Th_harry-and-ginny--x-x-x-_thumb

wow second comment!!! that is awesome!!

Posted by DanielBonnie28 on June 12, 2009, 08:18 AM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

I’m pretty sure Hardwick Hall was used in Joe Wright’s Pride and Prejudice as Catherine de Bourg’s home. I’m sure film crews use it all the time. Pretty cool though.

Posted by mollywobble on June 12, 2009, 08:38 AM report to moderator
Forbeatlesnspurs-royaltwig-27_thumb

I couldn’t be happier about this news because I really had my doubts that they were going to keep that infamous Malfoy Manor scene in the film… they wanted to take ‘Deathly Hallows’ out… you never know! It’s going to be one hell of a scene with Ralph, Alan, Jason, Helena, Tom… wow.

Posted by LauraBC on June 12, 2009, 09:11 AM report to moderator

They should have hired Jo to be Charity Burbage! That would have been the ultimate cameo. I mean, all she has to do is lie unconscious, and then say “Please Severus” a couple of times before dying.

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on June 12, 2009, 09:22 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I agree that Hardwick Hall is way too large for Malfoy Manor. Beautiful though. I mean, sure the Malfoy’s have lots of money and have a large house to be sure, but its not a palace for goodness sake.

Posted by lizziebennett on June 12, 2009, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

I don’t know – That’s pretty much exactly how I imagined Malfoy Manor. I always thought of them as living in some huge estate.

Posted by sueml on June 12, 2009, 10:25 AM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

cool news,hopefully there’ll be even more photos from the location filmings.
Hardwick Hall seems to be a bit too big for Malfoy’s Manor,though.
Oh and I agree with everyone else i wante Jo to play Charity :):)

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on June 12, 2009, 10:37 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Like others here I’m glad they seem to be sticking to the book and keeping the Malfoy manor scenes in

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 12, 2009, 10:52 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

I pictured Malfoy Manor as a large house and grounds. The good news is that the opening scenes will be preserved.

Posted by budgie on June 12, 2009, 10:59 AM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

Sounds cool!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on June 12, 2009, 11:42 AM report to moderator

I like the interviews with Tom and Bonnie. Tom said Draco and Harry fight in the bathroom without wands….I don’t remember that part.

Posted by danaskeeter *ROAR!* on June 12, 2009, 11:52 AM report to moderator
60c9c9ed966148bcbf9c4a4258e60858_1__thumb

I always pictured the house black

Posted by FrancescaElle on June 12, 2009, 11:57 AM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Why isn’t Malfoy Manor huge?

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on June 12, 2009, 11:58 AM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

Great !
And I’m SOOOOOOOO sad I coudn’t go to the train, I waited for an hour, but the line was just too long and I had to go home ! =(
But it looks awesome…

Dhonesheet_thumb

That scene with Chairty Burbage is going to be soooo depressing and intense!! I wonder if they’re going to stay true to the book and have the movie open with that scene?? But I love the place that they might use for Malfoy Manor…it’s PERFECT!!! It’s even got the long walk way!! :D

Posted by cghambright on June 12, 2009, 12:11 PM report to moderator

"'Harry Potter knows that he can confide in me with complete confidence,' I told them. 'I would rather die than betray his trust,'"[br]"That's not saying much, seeing as you're already dead," Ron observed.[br]"Once again, you show all the sensitivity of a