News From Australia: Premiere Set for July 12; Half-Blood Prince Set Visit Report

HBP Film
June 18, 2009, 08:02 AM

Several pieces of news today from Australia and the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. First, tickets are now available for pre-sale in many countries around the world; TLC reader Sion let us know that in Australia you can purchase them for the 15th via Village Cinemas.

Second, word has crossed the wires about this article from the Brisbane Times noting the Australian premiere of Half-Blood Prince will take place July 12 at WB "Movie World on the Gold Coast" No other details are currently available, with the article simply stating "celebrities and VIPs are expected to walk the red carpet at the July 12 event." More details when we get them.

Finally, while not yet online alas, the Herald Sun published their report to a trip to the set of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and a scan is now online. While none of the photos are new, there are tidbits of props on the set (boxes of cereal labelled Pixie Puffs: They're Goblin Great!"), details about the Gryffindor set (the boys no longer fit in the beds), plus a few new comments from actor Dan Radcliffe. Also of interest is the following regarding filming that was underway for the Slug Club Christmas Party:Rupert Grint (aka Ron Weasley) and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) aren’t among that team today — they’ve headed north for an outdoor location shoot — but the boy wizard himself, Daniel Radcliffe, is present for duty in the place he’s called his second home since before he was even a teenager (he turns 20 next month). Radcliffe’s not in this scene, but he’s happily watching what Jim Broadbent, who makes his Potter debut in the Half-Blood Prince as Horace Slughorn, does with his several go-throughs.

Slughorn is greeting guests, including Luna Lovegood (played by the wonderfully eccentric Evanna Lynch) dressed up like a silver Christmas tree, and with each take Broadbent mixes it up — easy stuff for a veteran of his status.

‘‘I wasn’t in the first shot this morning but I went down to watch it just ’cos . . . I’m just interested in it and I want to see how other people act together. It’s about learning, for me,’’ Radcliffe says. ‘‘I like wandering round. Sometimes I go and play table tennis or I’ll read or I’ll play a computer game. But most of the time here I’m on set, so there is not a huge amount of down time.’’  Thanks to SS for the scan!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome newsssssssss

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on June 18, 2009, 08:06 AM report to moderator

this report must be very old….ummm

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on June 18, 2009, 08:08 AM report to moderator

Luna dressed like a Christmas tree?? Interesting. I thought she would have dressed normally….
ADD ME! Go Gryffindor!!

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on June 18, 2009, 08:10 AM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

mmm Pixie Puffs!

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on June 18, 2009, 08:28 AM report to moderator
Suesmile1_thumb

Hi ele0206!
Like the many scans of late, many many newspapers/magazines/websites are going to be releasing their visits to the set of Half-Blood Prince in the next coming days/weeks before the release and yes they will surely seem old news to us fans for sure LOL. The new barrage of reports we will be seeing is simply because many media sites were affect by that delay and have had to wait till the release to post them; many more reports are surely on the way so brace yourself ;))
Sue

Posted by SueTLC on June 18, 2009, 08:31 AM report to moderator
Untitled-1_thumb

Cool. I would love to live in Queensland and go the premier on the 12th. At the moment I’m trying to secure tickets for myself on the 13th :)

Posted by Crom on June 18, 2009, 08:53 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Thanks for the updates in the media, Sue!

Posted by Smitch on June 18, 2009, 08:56 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

OMG! At the Gold Coast? Probably at WB movie world! I am so there! SQUEE!!!

Posted by Kamidee {ROAR!} [TZS] on June 18, 2009, 10:02 AM report to moderator
Cropped_thumb

I don’t understand, why is it in Queensland?

Posted by ~ Asi ~ on June 18, 2009, 10:20 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

Woooo!! Brisbane times and Gold coast premiere…that’s where I live :D

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on June 18, 2009, 10:47 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

nice piece – thanks

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 18, 2009, 11:14 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

nice piece – thanks

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 18, 2009, 11:15 AM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

I wish ticket’s would go on sale in more Chicago theater’s. None of the one’s I want to got to have not started their pre-tickets sales. I remember in previous years I was able to get tickets real early.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on June 18, 2009, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

=| dRi!!! Ad!

Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

great piece! though i wish they were having a premier in Florida… oh well…

Posted by kingdom on June 18, 2009, 12:03 PM report to moderator

"Who's Errol?"[br]"Our owl. He's ancient. It wouldn't be the first time he'd collapsed on a delivery."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014