Wizarding World of Harry Potter Starting to Hire; Opening in January of 2010?

Fans
June 18, 2009, 08:21 AM

For many months we've reported the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction was due to open in early 2010. Today there is an article online regarding a young woman from the UK who has been hired to work at the Harry Potter park in Orlando, Florida.  In a joyful piece, she recounts how Universal is starting to hire for workers at the park, and says she "will be an attraction ambassador and part of the welcome team as the new island opens,” says Alyssa. “I’ll be on crowd control and it will involve handing out questionnaires and surveys to see how the new attraction is being received."

The piece says that young Alyssa Nicholas got the job as she is a student at the University of Central Lancashire in Preston. As part of her 12 months work, she will be working in 3 months blocks at various parts of Universal, then continues: "In January next year, Alyssa will move on and be part of the grand opening of a new ‘island’ within the park, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, said to be “the world’s first fully immersive Harry Potter themed environment” based on the best-selling books and blockbuster films by JK Rowling." Alyssa also says of her job handing out questionnaires to all the Harry Potter fans that will be visiting the park: "This is important when you are dealing with a new attraction as it will quickly reveal how people are responding to it and throw up any initial problems that there might be. “It’s a great opportunity to be there when they open a new attraction like this. It’s a major event and it will be very busy.”

Good luck Alyssa! Please note: Scores of readers have asked about all other job opportunities at the theme park. Unfortunately we do not know when they will be hiring on large scale yet and will update with that when we can, and we also urge you to follow this site for more.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Img_4556_thumb

Nice I’ll probably shoot for going Spring Break next year.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on June 18, 2009, 08:30 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

VERY exciting! Alyssa is lucky!

Posted by Smitch on June 18, 2009, 08:45 AM report to moderator
Playermodel

man if i lived there i would definitely apply until i get a job on then island

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on June 18, 2009, 09:04 AM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

So exciting!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on June 18, 2009, 09:07 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Sprng Break…Orlando here we come! I would LOVE to work there..anywhere. If I lived there, it would be so much fun to read the books, watch the movies, play on TLC and go TO WORK AT HOGWARTS!!! (Gasp!)

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on June 18, 2009, 09:43 AM report to moderator
6775_1198083715685_1336262920_30563827_4626040_n_thumb

I think I would sell my left nut to work there . . . if I had one. Anyway maybe when I’m older! But yay I will go to opening day If I have to hitch hike across America!
I wish I could work in Honeydukes!

Posted by Kristin1994 on June 18, 2009, 09:52 AM report to moderator
6775_1198083715685_1336262920_30563827_4626040_n_thumb

I wish I could work in Honeydukes!

Posted by Kristin1994 on June 18, 2009, 09:52 AM report to moderator
Cropped_thumb

Oh, I don’t care how long it would take me to get there, I’ve already imformed my parentes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by ~ Asi ~ on June 18, 2009, 10:12 AM report to moderator
9978_9930_chudley_cannons_zoom_thumb

I’m so glad it’s before March! My twins turn 2 in march and then I have to pay for airfare for them. I’ve been saving for 2 years so I can go opening weekend or opening month. I heard rumors that it could possibly open on 12/15 of this year, and if that’s true, I will be so happy that I get to do Christmas at Hogwarts!

Posted by twinsrock on June 18, 2009, 10:49 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

I’d love to work there – as Hagrid o’ course – am rather tall and large

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 18, 2009, 11:10 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

This is a cool story :) lol … they could hire Leaky people like if they want greeters or just people to answer questions about stuff like how a Portkey works or the date of the Goblin rebellion and its implications to the wizarding world … you know, basic questions like that :D

Posted by Moose_Starr on June 18, 2009, 11:23 AM report to moderator
I_thought_about_flying____by_siriuslyec_thumb

@ Olivia Elaine…I hear ya :P Guess we’ll just need to move to the sunshine state! lol

Posted by PaintTheSky on June 18, 2009, 11:54 AM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

Excellent!!!

Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

there is no way i’m missing this! next year i’ll be turning 18 and i’ll be taking a trip up to Orlando with my friends to be there for the opening! i could only get a job there for the summer, i’ll be going off to college in the fall… but finally they’ll be be doing something here in Florida instead of something across the world from me.

Posted by kingdom on June 18, 2009, 12:16 PM report to moderator
Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

:screams:… can’t wait!

Posted by kingdom on June 18, 2009, 12:17 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Miss Granger, you foolish girl, how could you think of tackling a mountain troll on your own?"