Jamie Campbell Bower Talks Role as Young Grindelwald in Deathly Hallows

DH Film
June 30, 2009, 11:08 AM

Actor Jamie Campbell Bower has given a new interview where he confirms his role as Young Grindelwald in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. In this video interview, he says he has already filmed the part a few weeks ago before heading off to work on his other new film (New Moon, the 2nd in Twilight series). Jamie also notes that many of the Harry Potter cast members he had worked with previously on Sweeney Todd.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Ravenclaw_thumb

lol all except johnny depp :’( but the only role I can think that would suit him is voldemort..& I like our voldemort very much haha

I gotta check outt that interview when I get to a computer haha I’m on my phone..

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on June 30, 2009, 03:17 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

how did my comment end up in front?? haha oh well..

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on June 30, 2009, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

Awwwww he’s so cute!!! lol, and yeah all they need is Johnny Depp to star in HP and you’ve got pretty much the whole cast of Sweeney Todd right there. LMAO.

But I’m curious to see what he’ll look like as Caius, the volturi were the only good thing in the Twilight series. Honestly.

Posted by RaveKatie [WBM] on June 30, 2009, 03:36 PM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

LOL Actually, with his hair, he seems to fit my imagination of what Grindelwald would have looked like when he was young!

Erin

Posted by Rin68nyr on June 30, 2009, 04:12 PM report to moderator
58265-daavvy_thumb

My question is who will play Young Dumbledore?

Posted by LadyCake on June 30, 2009, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Gvc_thumb

Is that Bonnie Wright standing behind Bower near the end of the video interview? It looks like her.

Posted by garyvc on June 30, 2009, 04:48 PM report to moderator
3239462_thumb

i love jamie! he’s hawt :D

Posted by cherrybomb *ROAR* on June 30, 2009, 04:51 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I wonder what the scenes were in which he actually appeared! I am looking forward greatly to seeing how the film handles all of the backstory and whether it will incorporate any homoerotic allusions between the two characters that mainly comprise it. I hope he did a fantastic job depicting the character.

Posted by Kirk on June 30, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Hes doing new moon?

Posted by The Nerd on June 30, 2009, 06:15 PM report to moderator

Well, he certainly looks like someone you could fall for (as in Dumbledore could) but somehow I imagined him more… erm… wild if that makes any sense. He looks too much like a well-nurtured, good kid. We’ll see how he’ll do

Posted by JCBack on June 30, 2009, 07:10 PM report to moderator
Dontez_b_thumb

AWWWWW THEY COULD HAVE GAVE TO SOMEBODY WHO ATLEAST READ THE BOOKS BEFORE BUT OH WELL HOPEFULLY HE’S GOOD

Posted by Fresh Prince on June 30, 2009, 11:17 PM report to moderator
Myleaky_thumb

I can’t watch this (am at work! NOOO!!) Will have to wait till hometime then watch it…

Posted by PewterWolf on June 30, 2009, 11:33 PM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

Wow.. This young actor is great to be involve in two most popular movie series today.But Harry Potter series was indeed Most Popular and Best among other series…. :D

Posted by EnricoDc on June 30, 2009, 11:50 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

He looks like a 10-year old boy. I still cant see him as Grindlewald, but its awesome that he’s already filmed some of his scenes! I wonder which one?

But it’s hilarious that pretty much the whole cast of Sweeney Todd is in the Potter films. lol.

Posted by cghambright on July 01, 2009, 02:26 AM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

mmm… ok.

In the immediate aftermath of their departure there was a great wave of talk about copying them, so that Harry frequently heard students saying things like, "Honestly, some days I just feel like jumping on my broom and leaving this place," or else, "One m