Michael Gambon To Film King's Cross Scene for Deathly Hallows February, 2010

DH Film
July 12, 2009, 08:08 AM

Last week during the UK premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, actor Michael Gambon confirmed his return appearance as Albus Dumbledore for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Thanks to Quint at Aint it Cool, we now know that Mr. Gambon will be filming the King's Cross scenes in February of 2010 Quotage:

Quint: Have you read the script for the 7th movie?
Michael Gambon: No, I haven’t had it yet because I’m not wanted until next February. They’re shooting my bit after Christmas.
Quint: But you know how you play in the next movie, yeah?
Michael Gambon: I’m a ghost, is that right?
Quint: You’re also a painting, I think.
Michael Gambon: There’s a long scene as a ghost with Harry, where I appear to him.
Quint: It could have been very easy for JK Rowling to cop-out, but it would have taken everything away from your moment in this story if Dumbledore had just popped up fine and dandy in the next film. I’m glad she found a way to bring Dumbledore back into the story without taking anything away from his sacrifice.
Michael Gambon: Yeah, sure, sure. I’m glad as well because I need the money! (laughs)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

ROFLMAO! Mr Gambon is such a great person! I am so glad they are bringing Dumbledore back! Wouldn’t be the same, without him!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on July 12, 2009, 08:23 AM report to moderator

well, he’s not properly a ghost. I don’t really like the idea… like Dumbledore says, it’s all in Harry’s mind, but at the same time it’s real.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on July 12, 2009, 08:33 AM report to moderator
Twitter_version_thumb

He is in the last book so not surprised! Wonder if he will be in 1 or both of the films… I hope both

Posted by sianletley on July 12, 2009, 08:41 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I’m sure it won’t be long til we get the purists and the Gambon bashing on the way. But I have to say I now love the man, he has such a dry wicked sense of humour. He’s good as Dumbledore apart from 2 lines in the entire series. I think he’s great. “I’m glad aswell because I need the money!” Love him. The funny thing is if Dumbledore were a real person I bet he’d laugh at Gambon playing him, I bet they’d be drinking buddies at the Hog’s Head

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 12, 2009, 09:02 AM report to moderator
Rimg0123_thumb

February 2009 g and I don’t like the idea of seeing him as a ghost

Posted by Tschudiff [FTC!] on July 12, 2009, 09:06 AM report to moderator
1892_thumb

February 2010, yes? Very exciting!!

Posted by jdbeaner on July 12, 2009, 09:06 AM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

Dumbledore was not a ghost, But it was the only way a movie could make the King’s Cross scenes work.

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 12, 2009, 09:11 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Bet he is a really funny man! Can’t wait to see that scence. Sounds’ brilliant already! :D

Screen_shot_2011-08-05_at_5

I always get the feeling that he doesn’t really enjoy making the films, but I am so excited he’s coming back for king’s cross. What are they leaving out of this movie it seems they’re keeping everything!

Posted by Sirius17 -ROAR_ on July 12, 2009, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Young_riddle2_thumb

i really want to see this part of the movie, but in a way i dont. i havent been impressed with gambon in the past, and this is such an important, and emotional scene….. god i wish he would just open a book and read it… its almost as if this is just a pay cheque to him, but i know thats being harsh. he cares a bout the films, but i cant help wishing Richard Harris were still around. i will never forget his portrayal :)

Posted by iLoveDolores [FTC!] on July 12, 2009, 09:29 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

Gambom has gotten better over time.

Everyone loses their mind over the GoF, which yes was horrible, i don’t thik we should right him off. He did well in Ootp and seems pretty spot of for HBP I think he took the wrong angle with DD for GoF and that is all. He’ll do really well in DH i think. He’d understand by now how pivitol it all is.

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on July 12, 2009, 09:43 AM report to moderator

Well, I liked GoF the first time I saw it. Only later I felt all the missing stuff (Bagman, house elves, spew, classes, Dursleys, Molly) and minded the chnages. As a movie it worked well, but it is still the worst adaptation. :)

With 6, we´ll see. Some of the clips look great, even though the are not neccesarily from the book. But again, it has to work as a film.

Posted by Fonty on July 12, 2009, 09:53 AM report to moderator
Draco_and_luna_thumb

That is going to be one of the most difficult scenes for anyone to be in. I know he will do great, but what about the other actors. I really hope that everything goes well.

Posted by Lucius Lovegood on July 12, 2009, 10:06 AM report to moderator
Ringtailedcat_thumb

Glad to see he’s coming back. And I do agree he’s gotten better over time. I’m sure it must be hard to take over someone else’s role who we all thought was great at it, it’s easy to be biased a little.

Posted by starkitty313 on July 12, 2009, 10:10 AM report to moderator
14062009706_thumb

He’s soooo funny!!! i love the part when he said that he needs the money!!!!

Posted by Steph94 on July 12, 2009, 10:14 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Albus Dumbledore is the greatest headmaster Hogwarts has ever had. Dobby knows it, sir. Dobby has heard Dumbledore's powers rival those of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named at the height of his strength. But, sir" -- Dobby's voice dropped to an urgent whisper --