Scholastic Kids Reporter Report from NY Premiere of Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
July 13, 2009, 04:48 PM

Scholastic, US publishers of the Harry Potter novels by J.K. Rowling, have released their Kids Reporter article on the premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in New York City. Written by 11 year old Daniella, there is a fun bit relating to news from director David Yates on bloopers of the recent clip of the Trio sitting in Ron's room at the Burrow.

“There’s a scene right at the beginning of the movie where we get Daniel, Rupert and Emma sitting in the burrows talking about how old Dumbledore is,” he said. “ I can’t tell you how many bloopers we got in that scene because they kept cracking up. I had to send them off the set for a while!”He promised it would show up in outtakes at some point—maybe the DVD.

New York magazine also has an article online recounting the young reporter's interview with superstar Daniel Radcliffe as follows:

But it was his completely adorable interaction with a terrified 11-year-old reporter from Scholastic News that won us over for good. Imagine half a dozen pushy TV reporters shoving their mikes in Radcliffe's face as he zeroes in on a little girl holding her microphone with both hands, voice shaking so much she can hardly form sentences.

Radcliffe (to other reporters): "One moment, one moment. I will come back to you. [Locks eyes with Scholastic News girl] Hello!"

Girl: "Hey. I’m Danielle from Scholastic News."

Radcliffe: "Hello, Danielle! Pleasure to meet you."

Danielle: "This is an HONOR to interview you."

Radcliffe: "Oh, thank you. You’re very sweet. Thank you."

Danielle: "I’ve seen the first and second movies and read the first and second book and they are SO good. Especially the movies. I loved them, the movies!"

Radcliffe: "Thank you very much. You’re very, very kind. They get even better than that, though, so when you get time or when your parents think you’re old enough, you must watch the rest. They’re very cool."

Danielle: "Um, and I have two questions. How are you most like Harry?"

Radcliffe: "I think in the way that we value our friends. Friendship is very important in both of our lives. I think I have Harry’s natural curiosity as well. He’s interested in a lot of things in this world, as am I."

Other reporter: "Daniel, how…"Radcliffe: "One moment, one moment."

Other reporter: "They told us to group together."Radcliffe: "It will happen. One second, sorry." [re-focuses on Danielle]

Danielle: "How did Harry change from the first movie to the second? I mean, the sixth?"

Radcliffe: "To the sixth? Well, he grew marginally taller. The films have gotten a lot darker since that first film, so I think he has had to get a lot tougher since then. Thank you very much."Danielle [holding breath, then nearly dropping mike]: "Oh. My. God. Oh. My. God. That was soooo cool!"

Related: Be sure to check out the new "Spot the Difference" game on the Scholastic Harry Potter site.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Dan was very nice to talk with her while the others were storming him. His interviews are always such a pleasure to read. Keep up the good work Dan!

Posted by beewell on July 13, 2009, 04:57 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Wonderful interview for Dan and Danielle.

Posted by budgie on July 13, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Every day my respect for the HP actors gets bigger and bigger. It was so kind of him to focus on the little kid. I guess that shows his love for kids he was talking about.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on July 13, 2009, 05:01 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Dan is so sweet! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 13, 2009, 05:05 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Am i the only one who cannot spot the differences? Grandpre takes her revenge on me.

And i consider the comment of the author for Rupert and Emma rather insulting and stupid.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on July 13, 2009, 05:10 PM report to moderator
Dgraymanclockroom37_thumb

Aww Dan is so SWEET! I adore him, I really do!

Posted by Rumbleroarϟ{WBM!}ǝıʞɔnp! on July 13, 2009, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Good man Dan…

Posted by Won_Two on July 13, 2009, 05:25 PM report to moderator
Wallpaper_ada_wong_02_thumb

Aw it as so cool of Daniel to answer and really pay attention to Danielle.She must have been so nervous.

Posted by minishiva on July 13, 2009, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

Thats really nice.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 13, 2009, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

That was very nice of Daniel.

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 13, 2009, 06:10 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_finale_thumb

Awesome. Such a gentleman. That young lady will probably treasure that moment the rest of her life. And, how exciting that she still has all the other books to read and doesn’t yet know how the story ends. (Smart parents if they are letting her grow into it.) I hope she reads each book before she actually sees all the movies.

Posted by polyjusposhun on July 13, 2009, 06:25 PM report to moderator
Goficons-mmarauder-14_thumb

What a lucky girl to still have all the books infront of her to read!! And how sweet Dan was to her, that was brilliant.

Posted by Remus_Rocks on July 13, 2009, 06:26 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

THAT’s SO SWEET!! I love Dan! He’s seriously my dream guy. Him and Rupert Grint. That was so sweet of him to do that for the little girl. I just saw an interview on The Early Show with him and he mentioned how much he loved kids. I think he’s going to be an awesome father one day! :D

Posted by cghambright on July 13, 2009, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

The Spot the Difference game was alot more complicated than I expected, but I only missed one.

Posted by cghambright on July 13, 2009, 06:52 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

That’s really sweet of Dan. Love the him even more! :)

Posted by Christine on July 13, 2009, 06:55 PM report to moderator

...holding it before him like a bomb, [he] sprinted out of the hall, while the Slytherin table exploded with laughter at the sight of him. They heard the Howler go off in the entrance hall -- Neville's grandmother's voice, magically magnified to a hundred