AOL Streaming Soundtrack to Half-Blood Prince, Moviefone Interview with Dan Radcliffe

HBP Film
July 14, 2009, 10:51 PM

To help us prepare for the release tonight, AOL is now holding a listening party for the soundtrack of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by Nicholas Hooper which you can enjoy here at this link (Thanks Felipe!)
UPDATE: You can also listen to previews of the score via the official WB HBP website here.

Over on Moviefone, they have a new interview with Dan Radcliffe where he says that he spoke with J.K. Rowling and she said she was not doing any more Harry Potter. Quotage:

If 20 years from now J.K. Rowling revisits the 'Potter' kids as adult wizards, would you imagine doing the movie?
I saw her the other day, and I said, "You're not writing any more ['Potter' books], are you?" And she said, "No," and I said, "OK, cool." And then I said, "You know, if you did, I would have to think long and hard." I think also I would only do it if Emma and Rupert would. Honestly, after the seventh film, I don't think she should do anymore. I think it would have to be something pretty good. But Jo Rowling's such an intelligent person, she knows. She knows if she was ever going to consider doing another, it would have to be bulletproof. It would have to be an almost perfect book not to get slaughtered. So hopefully she won't, but if she does, of course I would have to consider it, because I have a loyalty to her and to the fans. But it certainly would not be in an instant."

There is also another question of interest, where Dan weighs in on those who try to create a Harry Potter vs Lord of the Rings vs Twilight. Dan notes he hasnt seen the popular vampire movie, he states:

"It's very funny. It's very much like the 'Lord of the Rings' rivalry, in that it was a rivalry mainly built up by the media, for the media. I met Elijah Wood once, I met Peter Jackson, I met Orlando Bloom, and they're all really cool. Did we talk about the rivalry? Did we [ever]. Having Rob Pattinson be in both films is quite funny. I've never even seen 'Twilight,' to be perfectly honest with you, and it's actually really interesting to me. Being such a central part of the 'Potter' thing, being so in the middle of it all, I have no idea how the rest of the world sees the 'Potter' franchise, which is why it's quite interesting for me to watch the 'Twilight' franchise explode globally and have some sense of how people must view us.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

-_owl_post_-_thumb

You’re Welcome! :-)

Posted by Felipe on July 14, 2009, 10:55 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

Cool. But Ive already listened to it.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 14, 2009, 11:10 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Nice one Felipe…

Posted by Won_Two on July 14, 2009, 11:53 PM report to moderator
The_hunger_games_catching_fire_mockingjay_pictures_katniss_peeta_thumb

very nice Felipe

Posted by Sirius B (HeartMagic104) on July 15, 2009, 12:13 AM report to moderator
Green_hat_thumb

“nice” Felipe!!

Why are we saying “nice” to Felipe??

o,O

Posted by Madame Minerva on July 15, 2009, 12:18 AM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

Yay Felipe! Lol

Posted by Cool G on July 15, 2009, 12:50 AM report to moderator
Gaia_1_thumb

I understand what Daniel means. It’s been interesting seeing the Twilight fandom grow so similarily to the Harry Potter fandom.

Posted by JessieRose on July 15, 2009, 02:26 AM report to moderator
Img_e015_thumb

very nice…I like it!!!

Posted by laura399 {WBM} on July 15, 2009, 02:35 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

cool

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on July 15, 2009, 04:02 AM report to moderator
The_claw_normal_thumb

Don’t bother with the soundtrack. There’s nothing interesting, and based on what I remembered from having just seen the movies, I think it’s only about 10 minutes long.

Posted by OrlandoDaddy [WBM] on July 15, 2009, 04:34 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

sooooo excited 4 HBP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Another good interview for Dan. Today is the day for HPB for me! Can’t wait. Taking off work early so I can go and see it!

Posted by beewell on July 15, 2009, 09:09 AM report to moderator

I liked the score for the movie and will get the soundtrack as soon as I can.

Posted by Phylis {ROAR} on July 15, 2009, 12:12 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Dans view on twilight really makes sense> can"t type much here bc my keyboards rly messed up>

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on July 15, 2009, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

FILIPE! :D

Posted by Matea on July 15, 2009, 02:24 PM report to moderator

"Sorry I'm late, Professor Lupin, I --"[br]But it wasn't Professor Lupin who looked up at him from the teacher's desk; it was Snape.[br]"This lesson began ten minutes ago, Potter, so I think we'll make it ten points from Gryffindor. Sit down."