PotterCast 200: Half-Blood Prince Reactions from PotterCast

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
July 15, 2009, 12:40 PM

PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is here now with out 200th episode, featuring Melissa, Sue, John, and Frak's reactions to the just released Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film.  After attending a showing of the film last night, Melissa, John, and Frak are interviewed by our own Sue on their reactions upon seeing the sixth Potter film.  In this uncut and spoiler-filled episode, the PotterCasters give you their review of the film and relate their reactions to some of the most memorable moments from the film.  This episode contains comments about the story arc of the film, the cinematography, humor, romance, and so much more.

As a reminder, the LeakyCon DVD, which will be available to pre-order soon, will also include all wizard rock performances from our conference.  If you like live wizard rock, be sure to reserve your copy of the upcoming LeakyCon Live Album of the wizard rock live shows at our LeakyCon 2009 conference.  To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

"Half-Blood Prince Reactions from PotterCast"
RT: 45:46

Also, special thanks to our ever-vigilant UStream Mods for monitoring the live PotterCast recordings.

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
“Harry, A History” Website
Jingle Spells 2
PotterCast Vlogs
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download.

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

My_hero_neville_thumb

Maybe my favorite PotterCast EVER! It’s great to hear that HBP is as good as advertised. I love John’s line about HBP seeming “so real”. And the high praise for Jim Broadbent and Hero Fiennes-Tiffin?? YES. I remember how frightening young Tom Riddle was in one of the early trailers. Very excited to see him. I won’t get to see this film until next week and I CANNOT WAIT!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on July 15, 2009, 03:14 PM report to moderator
Safe_image_thumb

Yeah i want to see th emovie first…..cant wait to get out of work to go!!!

Posted by Picazo on July 15, 2009, 03:17 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

boo lame i wish the 200 episode cold have been a live ustream party…

Posted by Horcruxalej on July 15, 2009, 03:26 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Melissa just said HBP is a very good film – not just a good HP film, but a good film in its own right. POA is the only HP film I’ve felt that way about. I CANNOT WAIT!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on July 15, 2009, 03:27 PM report to moderator

I agree with you guys about Tom. He does more in the scenes with no lines and just his face it s just amazing.

Posted by mlc on July 15, 2009, 03:33 PM report to moderator

Oh and the lighting of the cave is just beautifully done. The whole cave scene is just WOW

Posted by mlc on July 15, 2009, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

Yay!
Downloading it now!

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on July 15, 2009, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Muahaha_thumb

I haven’t seen it, and likely won’t see it until tomorrow. Shall I listen to Pottercaster reactions anyway? Oh…I think I shall. :)

Posted by ScottMan on July 15, 2009, 03:39 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Yay, episode 200! Congratulations is the proper word i assume. Unfortunately i will have to wait till next month. Oh well…

Posted by Mr. Brightside on July 15, 2009, 03:48 PM report to moderator

Wow, you’ve made it to episode 200. Awesome episode, it was very interesting hearing your opinions on the film.

Posted by ender650 on July 15, 2009, 04:19 PM report to moderator
Harry_animation_65x65_thumb

I just saw him, and it was great! Definitly worth the waiting! Dan with the luck potion was hilarious! Absolutly brilliant!

Posted by Radish on July 15, 2009, 05:17 PM report to moderator

They didn’t talk about the ending. I expected a theater full of crying people, but Dumbledore’s death felt like it was just what the script called for. It wasn’t all that moving, and that has colored my perception of the film.

Posted by nocturnalwoman on July 15, 2009, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Icondude_thumb

A well made film, but in the end most of the story is just meaningless fluff. I think that without the amazing production values (Bruno Delbonnel is a god!) I wouldn’t like it nearly as much. Too much romance and not enough darkness.

It’s amazing to think that Yates also directed movie five (ick). I think Delbonnel is to blame for the superiority of this film. So much style in terms of visuals.

Posted by starlesswinter on July 15, 2009, 06:05 PM report to moderator
Lust_thumb

I saw the movie at midnight with friends. It was awesome. I will say that for the first time, I actually saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Not Dan, Rupert, and Emma acting like Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

It was like the book just came alive and it helps that I didn’t read the book recently because even though I remember scenes, I didn’t have to be picky. Of course I was never picky in the first place. It also helps that I didn’t watch any clips of the movie that WB put out throughout the whole promo time. That made the movie for me even better.

I could not believe that the script actually came from Steve Kloves. Good job, Kloves!

Posted by punkedup88 on July 15, 2009, 06:14 PM report to moderator
Lust_thumb

Though I will admit the romance bothered me to no end. I am not a romance fan, even in the book I couldn’t stand it so that’s my bias.

The Felix Felicis scene was the best acted scene, IMO. I could not believe how good Dan was. I’m so used to the stoic, angst Harry Potter and to see Dan “on steroids” was funny.

I agree with Melissa, this is a good film in itself. I only felt that way about POA which is why POA is my favorite film. Now, I think HBP is crawling up closer to that spot.

Posted by punkedup88 on July 15, 2009, 06:21 PM report to moderator

"You should write a book," Ron told Hermione as he cut up his potatoes, "translating mad things girls do so boys can understand them."