First Time Meeting: Rare Photo of Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint in 2000

Movies
July 20, 2009, 08:40 PM

Well it wasn't quite on the Hogwarts Express, but the LA Times have released a rare photo (now here in our galleries) taken when actor Daniel Radcliffe first met Rupert Grint. Like their movie counterparts of Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, the black and white photo shows the two youngsters in shy conversation on the day they meet in 2000. This photo comes from producer David Heyman who is interviewed for the paper, remarking:

“They are not my own children, obviously, but they are like nephews and nieces or perhaps godchildren, and I feel really protective of them,” Heyman said as he sat in his office at the converted aviation factory here that serves as the movie set for the “Potter” series. “Here, look at this one — this is a photo taken the day the boys met. No one’s really seen this before. They were taking a little walk together to get know one another...”

The interview with David Heyman also contains his thoughts on the Trio of Radcliffe, Grint and Emma Watson who portrays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter film series. “I know they all will have great success in whatever they choose to do,” Heyman said at his Watford office, putting away his photo collection. “Emma is astonishingly bright. She is radiant and relaxed. Dan is extremely focused on his acting, and I have the fortune too to read his poetry and short stories, and there are some major poets who have written the most glowing, supportive things about his work. And Rupert — Rupert is the most natural comedian of the bunch. I think that he is like an old person in a young person’s body. He is a wonderful eccentric, a distinct original.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Haruhi_books_normal_thumb

they look completely adorable
sometimes you forget just how cute and baby-ish they used to be

Posted by pellegrinopixie on July 22, 2009, 08:14 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Wow, such a sweet picture. Must have been awkward and exciting for them, not yet knowing what lay ahead of them.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on July 22, 2009, 09:04 AM report to moderator
295565_thumb

cute .

Posted by soso on July 22, 2009, 01:57 PM report to moderator

These are so cute!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on July 22, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Hpg05_thumb

pretttyy photooo O…. dan and rup looks…. great

Posted by potterrock on July 22, 2009, 02:41 PM report to moderator
Ththhogwartsheaven_thumb

OMG That is so sweet, I could cry. I am going to be so sad when I will come this website in the futureand know there will not be any movies or books to look forward to. My heart won’t ever race from excitment about the series that changed my life!

Posted by Taylor Potter ~★ROAR★~ on July 22, 2009, 03:48 PM report to moderator
Ththhogwartsheaven_thumb

Posted by Taylor Potter ~★ROAR★~ on July 22, 2009, 03:49 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

That’s so adorable. It seems like only yesterday they were that small.
I’d love to see we they met Emma. Boys and girls at that age are a funny combination.

Posted by ClaireM ~ROAR~ on July 22, 2009, 05:50 PM report to moderator
Img_7118_thumb

Cute! I love it. They look so young.

Posted by gooseywizard on July 23, 2009, 12:13 AM report to moderator
Iheartfredgeorge_thumb

Awww that’s so adorable. :)

Posted by Mera004 on July 23, 2009, 12:45 AM report to moderator

Wand_thumb

they are both so cute!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 03, 2009, 06:08 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

love this picture :)

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on August 08, 2009, 05:33 PM report to moderator

"We've told Marge you attend St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal Boys."[br][i]"What?"[/i] Harry yelled.[br]"And you'll be sticking to that story, boy, or there'll be trouble," spat Uncle Vernon.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014