Boston: Next Stop on Harry Potter, the Exhibit Tour, Opening in October

Movies
July 22, 2009, 09:54 AM

Cheers to Boston, which will be the next stop for Harry Potter, the Exhibit  featuring many props and sets used in the beloved Harry Potter films. Currently open at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry until September 27, we've just gotten word the exhibit will move to the East Coast, as the Museum of Science in Boston, Mass states the Exhibition is to open Sunday, October 25, 2009 and run through Sunday, February 21, 2010. Tickets are now available via this link. UPDATE: Photos from Announcement now in our galleries. UPDATE 1: The Boston Globe is now carrying this news,  as noted by the following:

"With a dramatic and perhaps magical flourish, the Museum of Science today lowered a massive red velvet curtain today to reveal two artifacts from its next exhibit: A flowing brown robe worn by a character named Professor Slughorn and a 500-pound, 10-foot tall chess piece... "The exhibit will give our visitors -- wizards and muggles alike -- the opportunity to stop into the world of Harry Potter," Ioannis Miaoulis, president and director of the Museum of Science said this morning at the announcement.

In statement issued by the museum, Miaoulis added," We're confident that this exhibition will attract visitors of all ages -- some of whom may never have visited a science center. This exhibit will spark their curiosity and imagination, leading them to experience the excitement of discovery that's also at the heart of the Museum's science and technology exhibits and programs."

In a press release sent to TLC, it notes that "after its Boston run, the exhibition will be displayed in other major cultural and entertainment venues, museums and institutions in the U.S. and internationally.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Bookworm_thumb

SQUEEEE! I am so excited! I cannot wait; I will definitely be attending multiple times!! :D

Posted by Bookworm Jen on July 22, 2009, 10:58 AM report to moderator
15ppnr5_thumb

I hope it drives across country because California wants it too!

Posted by KimmyZ on July 22, 2009, 10:58 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

You people must go and see taht it is aboulsty amazing!!

Posted by The Nerd on July 22, 2009, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I hope it comes to Atlanta (or someplace within driving distance). I totally want to see it!

Posted by anorexicduck on July 22, 2009, 11:16 AM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

That’s great! I’m hoping it comes to Philly!

Posted by Xyra44 on July 22, 2009, 11:20 AM report to moderator

Here I am stuck in the middle of the country and no way to get to it. SIGH

Posted by Phylis {ROAR} on July 22, 2009, 11:23 AM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

that’s a great exhibit. i saw it in chicago.

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on July 22, 2009, 11:30 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

That would be so cool to go see that stuff!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 22, 2009, 11:31 AM report to moderator

Is there a published schedule online for this exihbit? Several years ago a Star Wars exhibit came through … it was really interesting. A Harry Potter exhibit would be even more so!

Posted by IrishCat on July 22, 2009, 11:31 AM report to moderator
Hogwartshouses_thumb

Well Salem, I thought it would be a while before I visited again but it seems I am coming over after I stop at the HP exhibit! ^^

Posted by Bellamount on July 22, 2009, 11:31 AM report to moderator
Puff_thumb

I’M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! I can’t wait to see it!!!!

Posted by KimmyBlair on July 22, 2009, 11:34 AM report to moderator

It was so cool. I went to the one in Chicago, IL. I totally recommend it.

Posted by George21 on July 22, 2009, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Before_qudditch_thumb

awesome xD

Posted by TasyaWeasley on July 22, 2009, 11:44 AM report to moderator

The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago has a lot more than Harry Potter. I decided to “see it all” and it took me a week! (Lucky I had the time.) When I was there it was all free. Please enjoy the rest of the place.

Posted by trontech on July 22, 2009, 11:44 AM report to moderator
Cedric_thumb

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for a stop in either Philly or NYC :)

Posted by Escher28 on July 22, 2009, 11:44 AM report to moderator

It would be really fun to watch Dudley's dilemma; to taunt him, watch him, with him powerless to respond... and if any of the others tried hitting Harry, Harry was ready -- he had his wand... let them try... He'd love to vent some of his frustration on th

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014