Boston: Next Stop on Harry Potter, the Exhibit Tour, Opening in October

Movies
July 22, 2009, 09:54 AM

Cheers to Boston, which will be the next stop for Harry Potter, the Exhibit  featuring many props and sets used in the beloved Harry Potter films. Currently open at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry until September 27, we've just gotten word the exhibit will move to the East Coast, as the Museum of Science in Boston, Mass states the Exhibition is to open Sunday, October 25, 2009 and run through Sunday, February 21, 2010. Tickets are now available via this link. UPDATE: Photos from Announcement now in our galleries. UPDATE 1: The Boston Globe is now carrying this news,  as noted by the following:

"With a dramatic and perhaps magical flourish, the Museum of Science today lowered a massive red velvet curtain today to reveal two artifacts from its next exhibit: A flowing brown robe worn by a character named Professor Slughorn and a 500-pound, 10-foot tall chess piece... "The exhibit will give our visitors -- wizards and muggles alike -- the opportunity to stop into the world of Harry Potter," Ioannis Miaoulis, president and director of the Museum of Science said this morning at the announcement.

In statement issued by the museum, Miaoulis added," We're confident that this exhibition will attract visitors of all ages -- some of whom may never have visited a science center. This exhibit will spark their curiosity and imagination, leading them to experience the excitement of discovery that's also at the heart of the Museum's science and technology exhibits and programs."

In a press release sent to TLC, it notes that "after its Boston run, the exhibition will be displayed in other major cultural and entertainment venues, museums and institutions in the U.S. and internationally.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

YES! Somewhere my family and I can drive to so I can see it. I was supposed to fly to Chicago and see the exhibit but now I don’t have to!!!

Posted by elaphantluv34 on July 22, 2009, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Dailyprophet_thumb

I’m seeing the exhibition in Chicago next week! I hope that Slughorn’s robe and the giant chess piece are back at the exhibit by then! I was really looking forward to seeing them! Congrats to Boston though!

Posted by Richie Gagen on July 22, 2009, 05:25 PM report to moderator
Ron_thumb

YES!! I was HOPING that it would come to Boston. I thought they might, because we had the LOTR exhibit years ago.

:D

Posted by dee on July 22, 2009, 05:30 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

Why does the east coast get EVERYTHING??? Waaahhhhh… Yes, I’m whining. Seattle needs to feel the love, people! Bring Harry Potter out here, pleasepleaseplease!

Jen can I come stay with you? :)

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on July 22, 2009, 05:59 PM report to moderator

I really hope they stop in SF

Posted by WolfyWizard on July 22, 2009, 06:30 PM report to moderator

Let’s hope it comes to texas! (longhorns wooo!!! \m/)

Posted by ravenclaw_girl42 on July 22, 2009, 06:59 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

OMG!!!! I can’t believe it, but I’ll be able to go!!! Something cool to do when we visit our in-laws, and I know my daughter will love it, too! WOOT!!!

Harry_potter_pic_thumb

I grew up going to the MSI in Chicago and there is so much to do there. It’s really wonderful museum and I recommend that everyone who is going to the Harry Potter there really take the time to check out the other exhibits.

I did see the exhibit on the 13th and loved it! There is so much care and planning that goes into making the props and costumes it’s truly an amazing thing.

Posted by monicahp2009(WBM) on July 22, 2009, 08:59 PM report to moderator
Th_hufflepuff2_thumb

That’s five hours away. Maybe I can go for a long weekend! NYC would be easier though!

Posted by lunalovegood97 on July 22, 2009, 09:19 PM report to moderator

I am there!

Posted by Dawna on July 22, 2009, 09:26 PM report to moderator
Hermione_stills84a_thumb

Wait, so no one knows where the exhibit will go next? There’s no way to find a schedule or anything?!? Here’s to hoping that it’ll stop off in Phoenix, AZ!!! fingers crossed I saw the Chronicles of Narnia one a year or two ago and it was fantastic!

Posted by PineappleCrush on July 22, 2009, 10:21 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

West Coast/Canada next. Pleasepleaseplease.

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on July 22, 2009, 10:34 PM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

YAHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on July 22, 2009, 11:03 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_half_blood_prince_1__thumb

i wish i could go…

Posted by chanman on July 23, 2009, 12:52 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Cool – Boston you are sooo lucky! I think it’s so great that things like this are happening. It’ll bring everyone a lot of joy! :D

But what is really interesting to see is traveling internationally does that mean it’s coming to the UK??!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEE I hope so!!!!! YAY!!!
Be beyond cool if it did!!!!!! XD XD XD

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Where will you go, Dumbledore?" whispered Professor McGonagall. "Grimmauld Place?"[br]"Oh no," said Dumbledore with a grim smile. "I am not leaving to go into hiding. Fudge will soon wish he'd never dislodged me from Hogwarts, I promise you..."