LA Times Feature on Dan Radcliffe

Radcliffe
July 04, 2009, 08:35 AM

As promised the Hero Blog in the LA Times has now released their interview of actor Dan Radcliffe as part of their continuing series of pieces counting down until the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Here in this article, Dan recalls a story on his mother who saw her son in the character of Harry Potter as the books went along, with Dan also making remarks on playing the role for so many years.

His mother, Marcia Jeannine Gresham, told her son that as the “Potter” novels went along, she saw more of her son in the character and vice versa.“She read ‘Half-Blood Prince’ and she did say, ‘Harry has started to argue like you argue,'” Radcliffe said with a roll of his eyes. “He is very good in analogies, and I also use a lot of semantics, and it does really irritate people into submission really. Obviously, J.K. Rowling actually had cameras in my house and knows that is how I argue...”

Radcliffe laughed but then grew a bit serious.

“I would like to think I haven’t been influenced by him too much just by playing him for so long,” Radcliffe said. “I am thrilled to have this in my life, but it is separate from my life, you know? It’s nice to be called Dan. And actually I started correcting people now. You do feel like a bit of an idiot doing that, but at the same time, in the long run it is better for us. I know it’s better for me"p>

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

It think it would be funny to call him “Harry” if I ever met him…he’s Dan!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on July 04, 2009, 01:43 PM report to moderator
Bild2_thumb

I think It’ll be quite hard for him to be as successul as he is now after Harry Potter.

Posted by ClariceCuri on July 04, 2009, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

Dan is getting a lot of interviews these day.
Anyone knows why ?

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on July 04, 2009, 04:26 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It is very amusing that he is so similar to the character he plays! I just wish I could interact with him in person so that I could see what he says in action, for myself. :D

Posted by Kirk on July 05, 2009, 01:30 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I love Dan he always seems so intelligent and grounded in every interview I’ve read and seen of him and that he ’doesn’t court publicity.’ Although this article said that the HP mania is more intense in England. No its not! HP had certainly become a major part of British culture in the UK but the majority crazy fans will always be stateside!
Oh and I loved the advice Richard Griffiths gave on acting, that’s the best I’ve ever heard, not that I’m an actor but next when I’m directing I’m so stealing that. And I’d love to hear more on what Imelda Staunton has given Dan, we here of his affection for Oldman alot but not of Staunton.

Oh and on amazon.co.uk you can now listen to all the HBP soundtrack previews. Yay!

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 05, 2009, 01:31 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

People!!! He’s DAN!! not HARRY!!!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on July 05, 2009, 01:46 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Good article. Baseball caps do change how people look.

Posted by budgie on July 05, 2009, 02:43 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

I read it last night. Good interview.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 05, 2009, 03:11 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

very interesting, thanks! :P)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 05, 2009, 03:28 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

very interesting, thanks! :P)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 05, 2009, 03:30 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Hello … Dan. :o)

Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

great!!! ILD!!! … won’t say long! I’m a bit busy!!!

Raven_avatar_thumb

Another interview…

Posted by Won_Two on July 05, 2009, 09:33 AM report to moderator

Wow, yet another interview with Dan.

Posted by badger666 on July 05, 2009, 10:39 AM report to moderator
Hagrid_thumb

Let’s hope that as movie fans, we can separate the actor from the character. To many actors in the past were not allowed to break free from the character that made them famous. Their lives ended in tragedy, broke from lack of work, or finding jobs outside show business. Yet other actors were allowed to portray extreme ranges of characters without being typecast. I hope the young actors of the Harry Potter films are allowed to enjoy a career filled with assorted and interesting characters with audience acceptance.

Posted by biiigbob on July 05, 2009, 11:26 AM report to moderator

Harry was not aware of releasing George, all he knew was that a second later both of them were sprinting at Malfoy. He had completely forgotten the fact that all the teachers were watching: All he wanted to do was cause Malfoy as much pain as possible.