WB: Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park to Open "Spring 2010"

HBP Film
July 08, 2009, 11:45 AM

As part of the launch for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Warner Brothers Consumer Products is being featured in Licensing Biz, where WB will be providing them with new insights and plans for the next four years. According to the website, as part of "global scale events" due over the next four years, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is set to open in Spring, 2010. This matches many earlier reports we've seen here on TLC. Over the past few weeks too weve heard more about the theme park, most recently about a ride being built inside the giant castle of Hogwarts and from Emma Watson who said last week that she filmed a video to be shown to guests as part of an interactive ride. A recap on all of the latest can be found in the Telegraph today, with recent construction photos of the park being built in Orlando, Florida seen here courtesy of fan Brian Dorf.

Also WB told Licensing Biz that the DVD for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is due "Q4 2009" putting it in the holiday/December release time frame we reported on previously. We will update with any new information that might be released on this over the next few days.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Im-with-stupid_thumb

December DVD release? I guess I know what I’m getting for Christmas…

Posted by Sammeh on July 08, 2009, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Im-with-stupid_thumb

December DVD release? I guess I know what I’m getting for Christmas… First comment!

Posted by Sammeh on July 08, 2009, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

OMG, Im going to start saving my money to get to Florida!!
P.s Remember back before November when they delayed the movie everyone was like thats forever and hated WB… i was the same! But after i stoped thinking about it, its gone quite quick =) Cant wait!!

Posted by Felix Felicis on July 08, 2009, 11:54 AM report to moderator

holy crap!

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on July 08, 2009, 11:56 AM report to moderator
Thumb_thumb

I cannot wait to go see Hogwarts! The news about HBP is good, too. It will be nice to get that as Christmas gifts.

Posted by Rosemunde on July 08, 2009, 12:00 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

That gives me enough time to save money.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on July 08, 2009, 12:01 PM report to moderator
06_thumb

AH! I can’t wait! ^^

Posted by silverwings [FTC!] on July 08, 2009, 12:09 PM report to moderator
Trio_poster_thumb

Can’t wait for DVD release, I agree with Sammeh, I know what I’m getting for Christmas this year… But, Florida is so far from Croatia, I wish that they build Harry Potter World in Britain… It would be a lot easier to go…

Posted by Petra on July 08, 2009, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Scarletandgold_thumb

Really really really need to get a job soon! or i won’t have the money to go to Orlando( my fave place lol) next year!!!

Posted by krystle on July 08, 2009, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I will be there…

Posted by Won_Two on July 08, 2009, 12:29 PM report to moderator

Sweet! I wanna go! And your right that probably is what I’m getting for Christmas this year…..YAY!

Posted by on July 08, 2009, 12:42 PM report to moderator

Posted by on July 08, 2009, 12:42 PM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

I will be there

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 08, 2009, 12:51 PM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

I will be there

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 08, 2009, 12:51 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuffpottermore_thumb

Wahoo!! cant wait! Im glad they gave us more of a time frame now! It still puts a bigger hole in my pocket for that year!!! however, i dont care at this point!

Posted by Sorceress25 on July 08, 2009, 12:58 PM report to moderator

"This is it," said Hagrid, coming to a halt, "the Leaky Cauldron. It's a famous place."