Entertainment Weekly Feature on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
July 09, 2009, 09:47 AM

The new issue of Entertainment Weekly will contain a cover story and lengthy feature on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Due on newsstands tomorrow Friday, July 10th, you can see a high res image of the cover here in our galleries that featuring a brand new photo of the Trio of Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson. The magazine also promises new exclusive photos from HBP as well as teasers on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The website reads:

Half-Blood Prince encompasses young love run amuck, secret missions, and impending war. Most Hollywood insiders expect it to be one of the year's biggest hits, partly because it's rated a family-friendly PG, whereas the last two Potter films were PG-13. Still, it will be interesting to see how the movie's brand of innocent romance plays with young audiences smitten by the neo-goth sexiness of Twilight. Even Potter star Emma Watson read all four Twilight books after a friend turned her onto the series last year. "I mean, I wouldn't say I was one of the psycho fans," she says. "Absolute madness, that phenomenon, isn't it?"

As for the Potter phenomenon, the movies are slowly coming to an end, with the remaining JK Rowling novel, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, to be split into two movies. During the production of Half-Blood Prince -- the final chapter to be set within Hogwarts School-Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Watson wore their characters' Gryffindor House robes for the last time. "I was like 'Burn it!' Oh my god, to be done with those shoes and that uniform-that was an exciting day," says Watson. Radcliffe adds, "When you're 18, one of the worst things to be wearing while tryin got chat up a girl on the set is a school uniform. You look like a kid! You're not going to score dressed like that!"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Trio_poster_thumb

What? She had read Twilight books? Oh, come on, I’m sick of this Twilight madness… It’s so boring, Internet and magazines are full of it, will they stop with it?

Posted by Petra on July 09, 2009, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

I would love to get that magazine!!!!!!

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on July 09, 2009, 09:57 AM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

I remember this is the magazine that featured JK Rowling as Entertainer of the Year in 2007

Posted by EnricoDc on July 09, 2009, 09:59 AM report to moderator
10312009016-002_thumb

Can’t wait to get a copy on Friday!

Posted by sakuranbo07 on July 09, 2009, 10:02 AM report to moderator
Egg_thumb

haha, i thought they would be more sentimental about leaving the ‘school uniform’…though i do agree with daniel :)

Posted by harrietPotter on July 09, 2009, 10:07 AM report to moderator
Egg_thumb

Posted by harrietPotter on July 09, 2009, 10:08 AM report to moderator
Mirror_thumb

That cover is incredibly cute. I’m definitely buying this tomorrow.

Posted by sushita on July 09, 2009, 10:24 AM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

The trio is so cute on the picture-cover especially Emma & Rupert.

Posted by EnricoDc on July 09, 2009, 10:29 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

The cover makes me squee! :D Rupert and Emma … speechless. I love the cover. The best cover I’ve seen of them. Oh my goshhh. :)

Oh, and why must Twilight be brought up in everything Harry Potter? Gosh. It’s so annoying.

Posted by Christine on July 09, 2009, 10:41 AM report to moderator
268141_10150258426464313_156794164312_6914503_4625251_n_thumb

I love the cover!! I think this is one of the best pics of the trio!

Posted by Hermione_Granger1987 on July 09, 2009, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

I think i might get it tomorrow when my mon and I go to get groceries.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 09, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

ooh i might get it this weekend. neeaat. if not. i’ll hunt for it. :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on July 09, 2009, 12:14 PM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

the cover pic is adorable!!! I love the quotes from the actors, too!

Posted by HattFerg on July 09, 2009, 12:57 PM report to moderator

I’m definitely getting this magazine!

Posted by WolfyWizard on July 09, 2009, 01:11 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I LOVE the cover! That pic of them is adorable!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 09, 2009, 01:43 PM report to moderator

"The Ministry's providing a couple of cars," said Mr. Weasley...[br]"Why?" said Percy curiously.[br]"It's because of you, Perce," said George seriously. "And there'll be little flags on the hoods, with HB on them --"[br]"-- for Humongous Bighead," said Fr