Extended Edition of Harry Potter and Sorcerer's Stone to Be Released, More Possible Soon

Movies
August 12, 2009, 11:16 PM

Great news tonight! At long last, the extended editions of the Harry Potter films are being planned for release.  Rope of Silicon is reporting that after the latest Motion Picture of America ratings bulletin, there was word that an extended edition of  Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone had been rated PG. The report continues that emails were sent to reps for Warner Home Video about possible extended editions of all the Harry Potter films, receiving the following reply: "Although we've not announced [it yet], all Harry Potter films are being planned to get special upcoming releases!"

Please note: We have no idea on the actual content (ie if this is the same version they show on ABC family) or whether they are contained in those special "Ultimate Collectors" DVDs we've heard about recently or when exactly this, and hopefully the others, will be available to fans; more when we get it!

Thanks much to Rope of Silicon and Jeremy at HPANA for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Snowowl_thumb

OOh my cannot wait.

Posted by snowyowl17 "ROAR" on August 12, 2009, 11:19 PM report to moderator
This_hug_was_freaking_epic__kthx_thumb

OHMYGOD I am so excited! YAY.

Posted by luvthepuff on August 12, 2009, 11:22 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

OMG! so excited! thats so awesome!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on August 12, 2009, 11:27 PM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

my life is complete. thanks for listening, warner bros.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on August 12, 2009, 11:27 PM report to moderator
Ukrain_cover_sm2_thumb

Lets just hope that the extended versions are part of these already-announced “ultimate editions”. To release two separate new versions, one “ultimate” and one extended, would be so many colors of wrong.

Posted by heartless_wench on August 12, 2009, 11:39 PM report to moderator
Squee_thumb

9 years of teasing us with extra/extended footage is enough! Let’s go WB!!

Posted by Kismatt on August 12, 2009, 11:47 PM report to moderator

I Hope they have more scenes never seen before in them!

Posted by sholstom on August 12, 2009, 11:49 PM report to moderator
Rainingmen_thumb

Oooh! I hope it’s what they show on ABCFamily!!!! I had an argument during the last Harry Potter Weekend over the leg-locking scene with Neville – too many sad that was in theatres and I tried to explain it was a deleted scene!

Posted by BwaySaint on August 12, 2009, 11:49 PM report to moderator

I Hope they have more scenes never seen before in them!

Posted by sholstom on August 12, 2009, 11:50 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

It is about time! Puts money in the piggy bank

Posted by Rhiannon on August 12, 2009, 11:52 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

mixed emotions. I don’t like too many versions of a DVD because I don’t know which edition to get. I want everything but I don’t want to have to buy it all. I’d rather wait until after the very last movie comes out and have a super-duper ultimate collectors edition.

Posted by eiVega on August 12, 2009, 11:53 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

Echoes Rhiannon: IT’S ABOUT TIME!!! Oh, I hope hope hope it means fully extended versions with all the stuff we’ve been dying for for yours and years, pleasepleaseplease, WB!!!

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on August 12, 2009, 11:54 PM report to moderator
Fwump_thumb

I’m upset! They’re just trying to rob us of our money! I’ve already bought all the HP Blu-Rays for $90, and now they’re releasing an EXTENDED edition which will no doubt cost another $100 dollars altogether! GAA! How many editions are there going to be??!

Posted by Shackshrieker07 on August 13, 2009, 12:10 AM report to moderator
Fwump_thumb

Is anyone else feeling me pain??!!

Posted by Shackshrieker07 on August 13, 2009, 12:11 AM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

well thats great news

Posted by blackhair on August 13, 2009, 12:13 AM report to moderator

Professor Trelawney was standing in the middle of the entrance hall with her wand in one hand and an empty sherry bottle in theother, looking utterly mad... her innumerable shawls and scarves were trailing haphazardly from her shoulders, giving the impres