Dan Radcliffe Does Not Want to be A Hobbit

Radcliffe
August 18, 2009, 10:18 AM

The author of the LA Times Hero Complex Blog recently went to Leavesden studios for a series of interviews with cast members on the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows which are due later this fall. While there, Geoff Boucher spoke to actor Dan Radcliffe regarding the persistent rumors that Dan was on the short list to be cast in the upcoming film production of "The Hobbit." In this new interview, Dan firmly states he has no interest in the project with "any wizards in it. "I'd have to say, 'Thanks but no thanks,' not that anyone has asked me. Honestly, I don't think they would want me anyway, it's just too close. Whatever I do next, I don't think there will be any wizards in it!"

Dan also weighs in on who he think a good candidate for the part of the beloved young Hobbit Bilbo Baggins: "James McAvoy is fantastic. I think he should play it. I've done the fantasy-film thing. Actually, so has he, with the 'Chronicles of Narnia,' of course. But I've done it for longer. He can take over. I'm done. I don't think anybody involved in that would want me to, either."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

I can’t wait to see more of Dan outside of the wizarding world. December Boys was amazing and seeing him in a romantic comedy or thriller would be just wonderful.

Posted by Broomsnitch on August 22, 2009, 04:14 PM report to moderator
Prof1_thumb

It’s rather amusing, seeing as he’s (apparently) constantly confused with Elijah Wood…

Posted by Theknittingnerd on August 22, 2009, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Violetzoomin_thumb

I could see Dan as Frodo, but not Bilbo. Good choice though, got to break the cast.

Posted by NuttyAsSP on August 24, 2009, 08:45 PM report to moderator
Ophelia_thumb

Good for Dan. However, as much as I love James McAvoy, he’s a bit young. Bilbo is 50 in the Hobbit. Then again, Frodo was 50-something in LOTR but the movie role was played to perfection by an 18 year old, so who knows?

Posted by ophelia1141 on August 24, 2009, 11:09 PM report to moderator
Darkside_thumb

lol I dont think I would want Dan to be a Hobbit either.
I cant wait for the Hobbit movie!

Posted by Esmeralda.ROARღ on October 10, 2009, 11:49 PM report to moderator

To me ,Hobbit or no Hobbit,Danny would always be the one who played Harry Potter down to the last detail!

Posted by Sreyashi on May 20, 2011, 05:47 AM report to moderator

"Ah well," said Ron, throwing the Cloak back over Hermione. "Worth a try, but you were a bit obvious --"[br]"Well, next time you can show me how it's done, Master of Mystery!" she snapped.