Magical Moving Photo Type Ads Due for Limited Copies of Entertainment Weekly

HP References
August 20, 2009, 11:18 AM

Thanks to everyone who emailed today regarding the news of a clever real world Muggle marketing and advertising campaign that will echo the moving photos seen in the Daily Prophet. The BBC reports that on September 18, readers in LA  and New York who purchase a copy of Entertainment Weekly will see their issue contain special video -in-print ads. These will be "slim-line screens - around the size of a mobile phone display," and have a "chip technology used to store the video - described as similar to that used in singing greeting cards - [which] is activated when the page is turned." The Telegraph also reports that these 90 second video ads will "show clips from future CBS programmes and an advert for a diet cola."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP References News

Dgraymanclockroom37_thumb

lol! It sound s awesome! But I already heard about something like this on CNN…I forget what it was…

Posted by Rumbleroarϟ{WBM!}ǝıʞɔnp! on August 20, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Longbottom_thumb

That is pretty cool

Posted by hpfrk736 on August 20, 2009, 02:34 PM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

lol that sounds reall cool!! :D

Posted by RaveKatie [WBM] on August 20, 2009, 02:47 PM report to moderator
028_25a_thumb

Rock on Daily Prophet!! Although incorrigible at times, you are a trend-setter now!!!

Posted by marymackie on August 20, 2009, 02:56 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Cool!!! Unfortunately, I won’t be able to buy one but will anybody tell me how it will work??? :)

Posted by Pollytomat on August 20, 2009, 03:16 PM report to moderator
Antiochpeverell1_thumb

i’ll be picking one up september 11th since i’ll be in NYC.. maybe i’ll make a youtube vid or something so everyone can see it.

Posted by AntiochPeverell on August 20, 2009, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Dobbyavvie_thumb

I wonder if the magazine will be more expensive because of the additional technology. I’m so happy I live in New York! I’m definitely going to buy a copy just for that. Hopefully it’s an interesting issue otherwise. I feel like that would be the weirdest thing to see. I’m so excited! Harry Potter makes the world a better place for everyone. _

Posted by Scarlet~Phoenix on August 20, 2009, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Iheartfredgeorge_thumb

Holy crap, that is soo awesome! :D I wish I could see those magazines in person. I hope that people keep inventing stuff that are similar to the HP Wizarding World. :D

Posted by Mera004 on August 20, 2009, 03:39 PM report to moderator

i get entertainment weekly, but dont live in LA or NYC! :(

Posted by hpmovies56 on August 20, 2009, 04:06 PM report to moderator
N1489362413_9748_thumb

This is absolutely amazing! I can’t hardly believe it! Are we in front of a revolution in graphic media?

Posted by Daniela [WBM] on August 20, 2009, 04:30 PM report to moderator
Dorks3xl_thumb

There will be screens installed into the paper?? Whow

Posted by pixi jo *ROAR* on August 20, 2009, 04:32 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

coooooooool!!!!!!!! I think they should do Harry Potter adds like that!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 20, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on August 20, 2009, 05:03 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on August 20, 2009, 05:05 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

It can hold 40 minutes of video?! No wonder its thick! Imagine if it could only hold 30 seconds….. then, it would be thin enough to be in newspapers and magazines and it would not just be for people in LA or NYC! (so I could get it)!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 20, 2009, 05:08 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"I don't think anyone should ride that broom just yet!" said Hermione.[br]Harry and Ron looked at her.[br]"What d'you think Harry's going to do with it -- sweep the floor?" said Ron.