Deathly Hallows Updates: Seven Potters Scenes Underway, Warwick Davis Confirms "Griphook" Role

DH Film
August 26, 2009, 04:49 PM

For those of us who have Twitter accounts, you will have noticed several mentions of the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows today. First, Warwick Davis has made a series of fun tweets with fans over the past few weeks (notably Snapes Ipod playlist), and then today confirmed again that in addition to his longtime role as Professor Flickwick, indeed he will be playing "Griphook" the Goblin in Deathly Hallows. Mr. Davis had noted he had been to Leavesden recently, possibly for the interior Shell cottage scenes which rumor had it were due to have been filmed recently.

Also of interest is a cool update from Oliver Phelps who said "Wicked days filming today. I can say I am the first actor in the UK to have a VFX MOVA facial capture scan. Exciting technology." Update: Oliver has now added this description: " MOVA is a system where by using 29 cameras and UV makeup and lighting can get very detailed motions of ones face." While it is unlikely this will be used for a 'Holey" George Weasley ;) multiple reports previously have said use of this technology will be used for the Seven Potters as the actors all will be undergoing scans to have molds made of faces as they Polyjuice into Harry. Exciting and wicked days indeed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Half-blood_prince__3__thumb

A friend of mine invented the VFX MOVA facial capture technology. I onder how George Weasley will look in the film.

Posted by Barack Obama on August 26, 2009, 05:04 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I am sure he will look amazing! Everyone on the set is a genius!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 26, 2009, 05:10 PM report to moderator

WOW… cant wait counting the days down already 450 to go!!!

Posted by madman1277 on August 26, 2009, 05:11 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0183_thumb

I can’t wait until it comes out!!

Posted by LulubelleI {WBM} on August 26, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

yay,so exciting :)

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on August 26, 2009, 05:30 PM report to moderator
Totally_awesome_thumb

I am so excited I can’t wait to see holey George but it might be kinda disgusting shudders I hate blood

Posted by PeaceLovePotter[WBM!] on August 26, 2009, 05:35 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

This is exciting! But we still have a year left to wait ):

Posted by Christine on August 26, 2009, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

I cant wait!1

Posted by The Nerd on August 26, 2009, 06:18 PM report to moderator

I am EXTREMELY excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o)

Posted by johndeeregirl12 on August 26, 2009, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Z_thumb

“Part One of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be released in theaters November 19, 2010, with part two due July 15, 2011.”

i have this glued in my head!!

Posted by chocolaterabbits on August 26, 2009, 06:26 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter5pic2_thumb

I can’t wait!

Posted by kyramp on August 26, 2009, 06:26 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnz7zsdgc31qewj2oo1_500_thumb

i can’t wait! i just hope “holey” george isn’t too gross. i’m too squeamish for that.

Posted by Leann on August 26, 2009, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Awesome! I follow all of them on Twitter so it’s cool that they let us know that they are filming… oh and I love Snape’s Ipod Playlist! Too funny! LOL

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on August 26, 2009, 06:45 PM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

i can’t wait. i wonder when the fist trailer will be put out

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on August 26, 2009, 06:55 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

=D

But from that moment on, Hermione Granger became their friend. There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.