Agent Confirms Harry Melling Back Again as Dudley Dursley for Deathly Hallows

DH Film
August 30, 2009, 08:57 AM

A minor update today regarding Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Widely expected and previously reported, the Dursleys will indeed seen in the final films with the agents for Harry Melling recently updating his page with word that he will reprise his role once again as Dudley Dursley for Deathly Hallows. This of course follows previous confirmation from Richard Griffiths last year that he would be back as Uncle Vernon, with Fiona Shaw also expected to return as Aunt Petunia.

Thanks to TLC reader Andrea, Matt and SS

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

Good!! It has been disappointing not seeing the Dursleys, especially not in the last movie. It would have been a good scene to have Dumbledore waiting for Harry in the Dursley’s living room!!

Posted by JessSnape on August 31, 2009, 10:36 AM report to moderator
Patronus_part_2_004_thumb

awesome! I am so glad to hear that. I think because they’re splitting this book into 2 movies, they might actually get almost everything right!!

Posted by skiving snackboxes on August 31, 2009, 10:43 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows__part_i_58_thumb

He really suits the character..

Posted by Astha on August 31, 2009, 11:01 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows__part_i_58_thumb

That’s great, ‘cause he’s done well as Dudley…

Posted by Astha on August 31, 2009, 11:02 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows__part_i_58_thumb

I’m glad to hear the Dursleys’ are back in Deathly Hallows…

Posted by Astha on August 31, 2009, 11:09 AM report to moderator
Images_4__thumb

Yes! I am so glad they didn’t cut the Dursleys. “I don’ think you are a waste of space.” Love that part!

Posted by crazyforSeverus on August 31, 2009, 11:26 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

cool. He should start working out, coz in the book he’s like.. beefy..

Posted by alegria35 on August 31, 2009, 12:23 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

I really hope they do the emotional complexity justice. There’s so much sadness yet confusion because they’ve always hated each other but are still family. I’m glad to see they are including it now I just hope they get it right.

Posted by eiVega on August 31, 2009, 01:11 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

That’s good! :D

Glad the Dursley coming back …..

FINALLY! I was really beginning to get worried as we had not had any confirmations so far concerning the Dursleys! Whew!

Posted by bookmonster79 on August 31, 2009, 05:03 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

yay the dursley’s are back in the films! yay!!!!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on August 31, 2009, 06:12 PM report to moderator
Mcgonagalldh_thumb

Okay, no time to read all the comments so I’m sure I’m about to duplicate what others have said, but here goes anyway: I MUST have that goodbye from #4 Privet Drive. I MUST see Petunia almost say something to Harry, then change her mind and turn away from him. I MUST hear Dudley mention the time that Harry saved him from the Dementors. I MUST have that scene. Now I have hope that all of us will definitely have all these things. I just Hope that Steve Kloves keeps it just like it is in the book. I don’t want to see big changes in the dialogue.

Posted by iamminerva on August 31, 2009, 08:18 PM report to moderator
Asha_and_caleb_thumb

GREAT!!!!!

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on August 31, 2009, 08:38 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Yay, I’m so glad Duddy-kins is coming back with Uncle Vernon and Auntie Petunia. I missed the Dursleys in HBP! The good-bye scene should be awkward and awesome. Can’t wait to see Fiona Shaw’s face when you know Petunia wants to say something to Harry, but can’t bring herself to do it.

Dobbyyoda_thumb

Great that the Dursley’s will be back.

Posted by bookishgal,OoM3,GS on September 01, 2009, 01:55 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"This is magic at its deepest, its most impenetrable, Harry. But trust me... the time may come when you will be very glad you saved Pettigrew's life."