Extended Edition of Chamber of Secrets on DVD Now Confirmed

Home Video / DVD
September 02, 2009, 04:11 PM

A quick follow today regarding extended editions of the Harry Potter films coming to DVD. Rope of Silicon is now reporting that an extended edition of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets has been rated PG by the Motion Picture Association of America. This follows earlier news that an extended edition of Sorcerer's Stone was finally to be released on DVD. Earlier reports also had word that WB was going to release extended editions of all of the Harry Potter films on DVD very soon, however firm confirmation on an actual release date for these have not yet been released.

Thanks to Rope of Silicon and Matt!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

Blue_sun_med_thumb

You know, by the time is all said and done, I’m going to end up owning about 6 complete sets of the movies at this rate. Since I own a number of the books in different formats, I guess I really can’t complain.

Posted by gizzmogeek on September 02, 2009, 04:15 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy! awesum! 2nd comment!

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on September 02, 2009, 04:19 PM report to moderator
Rat_ava_2_thumb

Yay! Bring it on! =D

Posted by axlgirl [FTC!] on September 02, 2009, 04:20 PM report to moderator

I have VHS of 1 & 2
DVD of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Bluray of 1 & 3 (had free hP6 coupons)
AND NOW EXTENDED blurays.
And once thats done you can bet I’ll have the Ultimate Complete Collector Set too.

Posted by ~Dumbles4ever~ on September 02, 2009, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy! awesum! 2nd comment!

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on September 02, 2009, 04:22 PM report to moderator
028_25a_thumb

Is this going to be the one we see on ABC Family, extended version? I can’t imagine there are any more leftover clips around!!

Posted by marymackie on September 02, 2009, 04:25 PM report to moderator
36890_1211841555528_1813459374_409631_4739129_n_thumb

its going to be great to be able to see it with out having to watch it on abc family

Posted by lexuslovesweasleys on September 02, 2009, 04:32 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Well seein as I’m in the UK and don’t get ABC Family I’m over the moon at this! Genius, the 1st 2 will definitly be out this Christmas. Mark my words

Posted by KiwiMcI on September 02, 2009, 04:39 PM report to moderator

marymackie, you’d be surprised! They still have the original rolls of film that contain all of the outtakes, bloopers, and uncut scenes. Basically, everything that was on the script was filmed, although the final cut was a lot shorter.

For example, Matthew Lewis confirmed a while ago that they filmed the entire ministry sequence from the book (including the brain room). But as we all know, they cut nearly everything out in the final cut. If they make a true-to-the-book extended edition of OoTP, they will likely include that scene.

I’m looking forward to Peeves in PS/SS! I’m pretty sure they added him originally, right? But they cut him out?

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on September 02, 2009, 04:40 PM report to moderator
Avatarrockthesoul057

I really hope that there is a lot more content in each of the films that will be added to these extended versions!

Posted by Britski on September 02, 2009, 04:45 PM report to moderator
Kit_thumb

My Lord! I’m going to have a fortune tied up in HP DVD’s. Of course, that was WB’s plan all along. ;p

Posted by Fereverto on September 02, 2009, 04:46 PM report to moderator
Images_4__thumb

I wonder how much will be added in? I think it would be cool if Peeves was in them (Britski’s comment). I hope they do re-release extended versions for all of them, I would love to get Half-Blood Prince. I heard they cut out a lot from that one.

Posted by crazyforSeverus on September 02, 2009, 04:46 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Wow I want to buy one.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 02, 2009, 04:47 PM report to moderator
123107760_thumb

I’m just going to wait until they have the complete set of the Extended Versions out. That way i’m not buying a million different versions. I would love to buy these now but i can’t quite justify getting them until they have Extended Versions for all of them in an Ultimate Set. :)

Posted by hpfan88{ROAR} on September 02, 2009, 04:47 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Whhoooo-hoooo! I hope they are released for Christmas!

Posted by Rhiannon on September 02, 2009, 04:50 PM report to moderator

A breeze ruffled the neat hedges of Privet Drive, which lay silent and tidy under the inky sky, the very last place you would expect astonishing things to happen.