Report: LEGO to Relaunch Harry Potter Toys, Update on New Video Game

Toys
September 03, 2009, 10:35 PM

Some exciting news tonight as a new report is online regarding the much beloved Harry Potter LEGO line. Readers will recall that earlier this year we learned indeed there will be a brand new LEGO Harry Potter video game due out next spring. Arthur Parson of TT Games, makers of the video game with LEGO recently made an industry appearance where he spoke about the upcoming game, with the report saying:

"Arthur also said in response to another question that Lego are actually turning some of the ideas that TT came up with into toys, and are actually re-launching the Harry Potter range to coincide with the game and what is in it."

As we saw in this adorable trailer (screencaps here in galleries) the new game is based on Harry Potter years 1-4, and this interview also says that TT Games "really wanted to make Lego more core to the experience this time around, so being able to build just about anything you want out of Lego bricks has been transferred into the game, especially Harry Potter which is heavily physics based due to the magic involved."

Pre-orders for the new game are available here in our Cauldron Shop, with a reported release date of March 31, 2010.  We are working to confirm the re-release of the wildly popular Harry Potter LEGOs and will update on this when we can, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Toys News

Reviconhead_thumb

Lego Star Wars was pure gold. Lego Harry Potter must be good as well.

Posted by Darth Revan on September 04, 2009, 06:06 AM report to moderator
Base1_thumb

Oh, that would be so cool.. I like the lego games.. (We have the Star Wars game at home, but I don’t get parts of it, probably ‘cause I have only watched parts of the movies :P).
It would be so cool if they ha da Lego Luna. Oh, wait, it’s years 1-4. Oh, well..
Baby Harry looks really really funny :P

Posted by evannaa on September 04, 2009, 06:06 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

Cute baby Harry blinking: ping-ping!! So sweet!!

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on September 04, 2009, 08:25 AM report to moderator
Untitled_thumb

Omg i don’t think i could be more excited. I was an obsessive collector of the first LEGO releases and i even had the first game. I’ll definately be continuing this tradition.

Posted by TheGriff [ROAR!] on September 04, 2009, 08:54 AM report to moderator

I’ve been looking forward to this game since the moment LEGO Batman was released.

HOWEVER, the March release date’s probably not very accurate, as it’s a wednesday and most games are released on Tuesdays. That’s just the date that a lot of websites have been using as placeholders (Gamestop still has it at 1/1/10).

I still think we’re not going to see it until the holiday season of 2010 to coincide with the release of Deathly Hallows Pt 1.

Posted by KanedaX on September 04, 2009, 09:00 AM report to moderator
Hp6_icon2_96x96_thumb

I have Lego Star wars and Indiana Jones and love them! Can’t wait for Harry Potter!

Posted by Traci on September 04, 2009, 09:11 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

The Lego Star Wars is really cool so … I can’t wait!

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on September 04, 2009, 11:00 AM report to moderator

This is soooo cool. I will be buying it when it omes out!!

Posted by impoohnfrenz on September 04, 2009, 11:01 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows__part_i_58_thumb

cool…

Posted by Astha on September 04, 2009, 11:03 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows__part_i_58_thumb

cool…

Posted by Astha on September 04, 2009, 11:06 AM report to moderator
181535_1649442835222_1211510867_31618841_6686001_n_thumb

I WANTS IT!

Posted by  HeartbreakDX  on September 04, 2009, 11:16 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Cool! But I’m not really into the games …. I wonder if it will be able on Wii, then I might be it!!

Thumb_dh_unofficialstills_harry_ron_hermione_012_thumb

I’ll have to get this game, too!

Posted by dreampotter [ROAR!] on September 04, 2009, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Cool. This comes out on my 14th birthday :)

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 04, 2009, 01:01 PM report to moderator

Lego Star Wars is a great game, my kids love it. I love that trailer. The lego baby Harry is hilarious! We will get this for sure.

Posted by iamnotworriedharry on September 04, 2009, 01:08 PM report to moderator

"Well, now we know what to do next time I can't manage a spell," Harry said, throwing a rune dictionary back to Hermione, so he could try again, "threaten me with a dragon. Right..." He raised his wand once more. [i]"Accio Dictionary!"[/i]

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014