Report: LEGO to Relaunch Harry Potter Toys, Update on New Video Game

Toys
September 03, 2009, 10:35 PM

Some exciting news tonight as a new report is online regarding the much beloved Harry Potter LEGO line. Readers will recall that earlier this year we learned indeed there will be a brand new LEGO Harry Potter video game due out next spring. Arthur Parson of TT Games, makers of the video game with LEGO recently made an industry appearance where he spoke about the upcoming game, with the report saying:

"Arthur also said in response to another question that Lego are actually turning some of the ideas that TT came up with into toys, and are actually re-launching the Harry Potter range to coincide with the game and what is in it."

As we saw in this adorable trailer (screencaps here in galleries) the new game is based on Harry Potter years 1-4, and this interview also says that TT Games "really wanted to make Lego more core to the experience this time around, so being able to build just about anything you want out of Lego bricks has been transferred into the game, especially Harry Potter which is heavily physics based due to the magic involved."

Pre-orders for the new game are available here in our Cauldron Shop, with a reported release date of March 31, 2010.  We are working to confirm the re-release of the wildly popular Harry Potter LEGOs and will update on this when we can, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Toys News

Upclose_of_me_thumb

Sounds awesome! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 05, 2009, 06:17 PM report to moderator

EXCELLENT!!! I was just playing with my POA ones today :D

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on September 05, 2009, 09:24 PM report to moderator

Hagrid’s evil laugh… hhhhhhhhhhhaaaa!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on September 05, 2009, 09:27 PM report to moderator

oooooooh… a video game- well that’s cool too I guess :D

Haha… That was cute!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on September 05, 2009, 09:28 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

cool!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on September 05, 2009, 09:35 PM report to moderator
2640_1106109818241_1391663961_305047_8301715_n_thumb

Cool-E-O!!!

Posted by hrslvr529 on September 06, 2009, 01:00 AM report to moderator
1_thumb

YES!!!!!! MORE HARRY POTTER LEGOS!!! THAT HAS ME EVEN MORE EXCITED THAN THE GAME!!!! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YEEEEESSSSS! Huh? Who’s Ben? Paper what-now? What are you talking about?

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on September 06, 2009, 02:43 AM report to moderator
Avatarrockthesoul057

SooOOOoo getting it. Already have all the other Lego Games. They have a great sense of humor to them.

Posted by Britski on September 06, 2009, 03:24 AM report to moderator
Avatarrockthesoul057

Posted by Britski on September 06, 2009, 03:24 AM report to moderator
Elena_hepburn_3_thumb

OMG, awesome =) I absolutly LOVE Lego Star Wars, so the fact that Lego HP is comming out just makes me insanely happy. Squee!

Posted by accioawesomeness on September 06, 2009, 09:18 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

I am sooo glad that they are bringing the legos back!@!

Posted by The Nerd on September 06, 2009, 11:57 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

The lego baby Harry was really cute. it looks like it be fun to play!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on September 06, 2009, 03:00 PM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

awesome, my little sister likes the lego games she has starwars and batman and robin games, this would be awesome to have.

Posted by Brianna on September 06, 2009, 07:31 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

I <3 lego games so the lego HP will be amazing =D

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on September 07, 2009, 03:52 PM report to moderator

"Can you see all your family standing around you?"[br] "No -- I'm alone -- but I'm different -- I look older -- and I'm head boy!"[br] [i]"What?"[/i][br] "I am -- I'm wearing the badge like Bill used to -- and I'm holding the house cup and the Quiddi

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014