Michael Gambon on Irish Film and Television Awards Shortlist

Film Awards
Posted by: Rosi
January 11, 2010, 02:40 PM

The Irish Film and Television Academy have today released a shortlist of some the nominees for the 2010 Irish Film and Television Awards. Actor Michael Gambon has been nominated for his portrayal of Albus Dumbledore in "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". Mr. Gambon faces competition in the Supporting Actor category from Simon Delaney ("Happy Ever Afters"), Aidan Quinn ("The Eclipse") and Michael Fassbender ("Fish Tank"). Almost 250 titles were submitted for consideration by a Jury panel of experts and Academy members to achieve a spot on the shortlist of nominees for the 37 award categories across film and television. The 7th Irish Film and Television Awards will take place at the Burlington Hotel in Dublin, Ireland on the 20th of February.

The shortlist of nominees can be found here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Film Awards News

Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Congrats Michael Gambon! I don’t think he was very good in GoF, he was OK in OotP but he was briilliant in HBP.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on January 12, 2010, 06:22 AM report to moderator

He is a very good actor and deserves the award, way to go Mr. Gambon!!!!! Hurray!!!!

Posted by Sanju on January 12, 2010, 06:55 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Dumbledore will use some magic spells (maybe even Confundus) and will win! But seriously, Michael Gambon is the best! ;) “Snape-Snape-Snape Dumbledore!!!!”

Posted by Pollytomat on January 12, 2010, 07:10 AM report to moderator
The_golden_snitch_thumb

Congrats!! You deserve this. :)

Posted by hermione97 on January 12, 2010, 08:55 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Mr. Gambon, you definitely deserve this!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on January 12, 2010, 09:13 AM report to moderator
L34def2bf0000_1_6442_normal_thumb

I love him as Dumbledore. Actually is hard for me see Richard Harris (R.I.P) doing a scene like the fight in ministry with Voldy or the Cave scene!

Congrats!

Posted by Rossonera on January 12, 2010, 09:40 AM report to moderator
George_ron_thumb

Loved his performance in HBP.

Dumbledore FTW!

Posted by blue_rogue on January 12, 2010, 10:36 AM report to moderator

A very well done to Sir Michael, I hope he wins. He’s the only HP cast member to have a corner on the Top Gear track named after him, too.

Posted by The Flying Lemon on January 12, 2010, 10:42 AM report to moderator

I think you spelled his name wrong

Posted by madman1277 on January 12, 2010, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

sweeet

Posted by alicia00 on January 12, 2010, 12:27 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Great job Mr.Gambon!

I think he really improved and started to capture Dumbledore’s atitude in HBP.
but he never wear’s Dumbledore’s halfmoon glasses anymore.

Posted by Jacket on January 12, 2010, 12:27 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I thought he was great in HBP and actually rather good in the Ministry fight with Voldemort in OOTP and also I really liked his performance in POA as Harry and Hermione returned after saving Buckbeak and Sirius and he was going down the stairs pretending he didn’t know what they were talking about when they said they had done it. He has given Dumbledore that essential eccentric element to his character. I know Richard Harris looked much more like the Dumbledore we imagined but he was not able to invest him with the kind of energy that was needed, probably due to his failing health. Michael Gambon had to take on the character that we had already seen in two films, I think he was always going to find it hard to win some people over. I was impressed with him in HBP and hope to be similarly impressed with him in DH.

I know Mr Gambon annoys some people with his approach (not reading the books) but he is an experienced and talented actor. He is a mischevious person and in interviews is renowned for telling tall tales and answering questions without necessarily telling the truth, he is great fun, much more interesting than the actors who can’t wait to tell you every little detail of their lives.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on January 12, 2010, 01:19 PM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_006_thumb

Good luck!! We’re all rooting for you!!

Posted by Slytherins do it better on January 12, 2010, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

awesome job hope he wins it all

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on January 12, 2010, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

Hmm… I must admit I’m still not that happy with his portrayal… But he did better in this movie and he is definitely a great actor!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on January 12, 2010, 05:17 PM report to moderator

"Tell yeh what, I'll get yer animal. Not a toad, toads went outta fashion years ago, yeh'd be laughed at -- an' I don' like cats, they make me sneeze. I'll get yer an owl. All the kids want owls, they're dead useful, carry yer mail an' everythin'"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014