Official Image of Hogwarts Castle from Wizarding World of Harry Potter Released

Fans
Posted by: Edward
January 25, 2010, 01:44 PM

As construction on the massive Hogwarts Castle structure at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park nears completion, Universal Orlando has released a beautiful high res image of the castle.  Available to view right here, the image shows the castle's spiraling towers, turrets, and impressive detail of the exterior.  Universal notes:

The magical transformation continues.  Although still very much a work in progress, the magnificence of Hogwarts castle is beginning to take shape above Hogsmeade as work continues on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  Hogwarts will be the home of a thrilling, new, state-of-the-art attraction - Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - that uses ground-breaking technology to bring the magic, characters and stories of Harry Potter to life in ways never before experienced. Set to open in Spring 2010 only at Universal Orlando Resort, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will feature multiple themed attractions, shops and a restaurant.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Raven_avatar_thumb

Sure do hope one of the newly trained programmers can figure out how to fix the time stamp!!!

Posted by Won_Two on January 25, 2010, 02:01 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

ok, that time i didnt even argue with myself 2 see that pic. i cant wait 2 walk through those castle’s doors….. its been my num 1 dream 4 SUCH a long time….

Posted by MaggieNoise on January 25, 2010, 02:15 PM report to moderator
38169_676962834274_38307955_37739912_3182281_n_thumb

It’s going to be incredible

Posted by jfrancis04 on January 25, 2010, 02:29 PM report to moderator
Rimg0123_thumb

That’s amazing!!!

Posted by Tschudiff [FTC!] on January 25, 2010, 03:08 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

WOW! Its so beautiful and amazing! I cant wait to got there and walking throught it. I think I’ll be crying and getting goosebumps too Kriss. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on January 25, 2010, 03:14 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

Wow! That looks amazing. Is there a definite opening date yet? I think I want to wait a year though. I’m not overly fond of huge crowds. Plus, in a year, they’ll have all the bugs worked out of the rides and everything else.

Posted by Eeyore on January 25, 2010, 03:27 PM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

Oh DAMN that is awesome…. A dream come true. Look at that… Amazing!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on January 25, 2010, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

ok, I’m going to cry. my Hogwarts is finished and I can’t get in! :’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’(

Posted by Matea on January 25, 2010, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Abd4_day_without_fusion_thumb

right click, “set as desktop background.”
Nothing better to get me through the semester.

Posted by Elizabeth on January 25, 2010, 04:24 PM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

i cant wait

Posted by LilLadySnape on January 25, 2010, 04:54 PM report to moderator
11th_doctor_wal_06_thumb

Yesterday:Ugh

Today:Dreams, Reality, what differance is it now. If I could just have a TARDIS….

Posted by Basilisk In The Pipes on January 25, 2010, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

im stoked for my summer vacation

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on January 25, 2010, 05:10 PM report to moderator

I love it! Especially since they took the photo at an angle where the palm trees around Universal can’t be seen. I hate seeing the palm trees and I am a Floridian so I am use to them but they look so wrong around a castle. :)

Posted by mlc on January 25, 2010, 05:22 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

that looks amazing!!!! not too much longer till it opens!! woo!!

Posted by Horcruxalej on January 25, 2010, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

WOW! It’s just like the castle in the movies! I love that little spiraling tower near the top. :D

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on January 25, 2010, 08:01 PM report to moderator

"I don't believe it, I'm still eight inches short...." said Ron furiously, letting go of his parchment, which sprang back into a roll. "And Hermione's done four feet seven inches and her writing's [i]tiny.[/i]"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014