Rumor: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" in 3D?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
January 26, 2010, 02:42 PM

Reports are now making their way around the internet regarding rumors that the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films are set appear in 3D upon their theatrical release.  A report originating on the Hollywood Reporter Heat Vision Blog reports that following early 3D conversion tests of the film "Clash of the Titans" by Warner Bros., the studio has decided to release "two-part "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" in 3D."  This report of a 3D "Deathly Hallows" comes online despite confirmation by WB, but notes that it believes "but an announcement [regarding its 3D release] on "Titans" is expected by week’s end, and official word on the "Potter"pics surely will follow."  The blog goes on to say that "Conversion expenses have been coming down, so each film will cost just $5 million to convert into 3D."

While this is very much an exciting possibility, until official word comes from Warner Bros., this news remains in the rumor category.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One" is set for release on November 19, 2010, while "Part Two" is will hit theaters on July 15, 2011.

Thanks to Oli!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Img_44501_thumb

hmm. interesting.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on January 27, 2010, 09:38 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I WOULD DO ANYTHING TO WATCH DEATHLY HALLOWS IN 3-D!!!
MY DREAMS HAVE FINALLY COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

that would be so awesome if they made it as good as avatar!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on January 27, 2010, 10:20 AM report to moderator
Black-panther_thumb

Awesome! I’d love to see it in 3D! :)

Posted by CarmenNightshadow on January 27, 2010, 10:25 AM report to moderator
Leakypic_thumb

NO, ENOUGH with the 3D already!

Posted by DylanAqua on January 27, 2010, 11:05 AM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

If it is in 3D that would be totally awesome!!

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on January 27, 2010, 11:06 AM report to moderator
Hp6_icon2_96x96_thumb

As long as the 3d is used like avatar and not used as a gimmick then I’m really happy.But it is stating to be annoying that everything is in 3d.

Posted by movielover134 on January 27, 2010, 11:17 AM report to moderator

whether it’s 3D or not it doesnt matter to me :) but frick just imagine that battle at the end in 3d! that will be epic!!!! the other parts, i dont care if they are just 2D . omg i am so excited for DH but the release is so far away…. WHYYYYYY. :(

Posted by iLoveNeville on January 27, 2010, 11:23 AM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

YodatheHobbit, is right. Scenes from the past two films have been in 3-D, so I’m not surprised they would do it again. The question is whether or not the whole film will be converted (and the same can be asked for Clash of the Titans). I hope that only parts of the film will be in 3-D. In fact, I’m only interested in seeing the battle in 3-D.

Posted by mollywobble on January 27, 2010, 11:26 AM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

hmmm i think 3D would be pretty cool i have to watch Part 2 in 3D but not so sure part 1 seeing it doesnt really have anything kool to pop out either way im still watching it!

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on January 27, 2010, 12:32 PM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

Uggg – If they do it in 3D I hope the option is there to see it in 2D. I’m a bit tired of everything being 3d now. I don’t think it’s necessarily “awesome.” Animated films, like Avatar are pretty good in 3D, but no matter how good they think the technology looks – the live action parts don’t seem as rich or real to me. Perhaps it’s the way I see things. I’m actually one of the many who happen to have nausea problems with 3D – I don’t want this movie ruined for me!

Posted by sueml on January 27, 2010, 12:47 PM report to moderator
1393057603281_thumb
22030 Points

interesting…

Hpq-07_thumb

I don’t know…I don’t really like 3D because it hurts my eyes and it’s hard for me to see(I wear regular eyeglasses), but HP in 3D might be cool…of course, it is currently just a rumor, we’ll have to wait and see!

Posted by ars98 on January 27, 2010, 01:51 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter6_thumb

i dont know if i like it in 3D or not i hope they have both 2D and 3D

Posted by hpfangirl97 on January 27, 2010, 02:33 PM report to moderator
Asha_and_caleb_thumb

3-D is the new gimmick. It was great for Avatar. I still have my 3-D glasses from that movie,so I refuse to pay more to see it in 3-D.

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on January 27, 2010, 02:53 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS[br]Any student found in possession of the magazine [i]The Quibbler[/i] will be expelled.[br][i]The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-seven.[/i]