Rumor: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" in 3D?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
January 26, 2010, 02:42 PM

Reports are now making their way around the internet regarding rumors that the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films are set appear in 3D upon their theatrical release.  A report originating on the Hollywood Reporter Heat Vision Blog reports that following early 3D conversion tests of the film "Clash of the Titans" by Warner Bros., the studio has decided to release "two-part "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" in 3D."  This report of a 3D "Deathly Hallows" comes online despite confirmation by WB, but notes that it believes "but an announcement [regarding its 3D release] on "Titans" is expected by week’s end, and official word on the "Potter"pics surely will follow."  The blog goes on to say that "Conversion expenses have been coming down, so each film will cost just $5 million to convert into 3D."

While this is very much an exciting possibility, until official word comes from Warner Bros., this news remains in the rumor category.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One" is set for release on November 19, 2010, while "Part Two" is will hit theaters on July 15, 2011.

Thanks to Oli!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Upclose_of_me_thumb

I would totally love to see it in 3D but I know some people don’t like 3D. So I agree with some you saying that I hope they also release it in 2D cause they will actually make more money that way in a sense. If they only release it in 3D some people won’t see it and just wait until they can buy or rent it.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on January 27, 2010, 03:00 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I saw HBP in IMAX 3D (the first 12 minutes) and the opening sequence with the Death Eaters was awesome! I would defenitely love to see DH the same way. (all of it this time)

Posted by wizardinventor on January 27, 2010, 03:02 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

OMG! That would be so cool!!!! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in 3D! I’d watch it in 2D and 3D!!!!! SO COOL!!!!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on January 27, 2010, 03:06 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

ahhh that would be amazing….but if they do it in 3D they should also do 2D also like avatar…give us a choice….but still that would be totally awesome!

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on January 27, 2010, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

In my country, they release movies like avatar in BOTH 3D and 2D, but then when I was watching Ava(sucks)tar, I got really dizzy :/

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on January 27, 2010, 03:09 PM report to moderator
S515055255_79825_2635_thumb

i cant fliipin wait for it to come out
i have like a countdown sheet and i always see if there are tickets on sale (im obsessed)
=P

Posted by clever-ravenclaw=] on January 27, 2010, 03:14 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

im just stoked because i took my own real D 3D glasses from the theater i used to work at so i dont have to pay the extra “3D fee” that covers the glasses

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on January 27, 2010, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Noavatar-normal_thumb

i’m not sure. i mean i saw avatar in 3D and thought it was awesome so i bet harry in 3D should be the same. but

Posted by stregs12 on January 27, 2010, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

We’ve seen the last two Harry Potter movies on IMAX, 4D, which is even better than 3D, so… is this supposed to be a big deal?

But I just want to see the movies however they choose to release it. :))

Posted by accioangela on January 27, 2010, 04:47 PM report to moderator
Edith___thumb

if making it 3d makes it take longer to come out i will kill them and im not kidding every single last one of them i will BURN THEM!!!

Phoenixlament_normal_normal_thumb

That sounds so cool!

Posted by DH Obsessed [ROAR!] on January 27, 2010, 05:40 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

The cost to the studio is going down. Would the cost to the consumer go down as well? Doubtful. In my humble opinion, 3D is over-rated and over-hyped. I would rather have a really good story (despite Kloves’ “scriptwriting”) than an entire movie in 3D. It’s really just another way to make the story less important than the effects and it cheapens the art of movie-making.

Posted by DeliaDee on January 27, 2010, 05:44 PM report to moderator
Smart_ravenclaw_mock_thumb

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! WARNER BROS. WHY HAVE YOU BETRAYED US?!?

Posted by readhp1008 on January 27, 2010, 06:47 PM report to moderator

Well, I think Deathly Hallows is going to be epic either way, but some scenes like the 7 Potters, Slytherin’s locket, and the battle of Hogwarts would be even more thrilling in 3D.

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 27, 2010, 07:34 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

3D gives me a really, really bad headache — so, I’m excited and kind of mad at the same time. I will just have to suck it up and take a Dramamine, I guess, because I won’t miss my Harry!

Harry enjoyed the breakneck journey down to the Weasleys' vault, but felt dreadful, far worse than he had in Knockturn Alley, when it was opened. There was a very small pile of silver Sickles inside, and just one gold Galleon.