Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 38 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 13, 2010, 02:33 AM

There are now only 38 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"'To Miss Hermione Jean Granger, I leave my copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard, in the hope that she will find it entertaining and instructive.'"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Will of Albus Dumbledore"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb

she did find it entertaining!!

Posted by hermy on October 13, 2010, 03:03 AM report to moderator
287e041302f34b11ddfb57afc8048cd8_thumb

and instructive!

Posted by Lizzydizzy on October 13, 2010, 03:35 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

she did find it entertaining!!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on October 13, 2010, 04:14 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

She did — and so did I! I love that little book (and the “big” one, too, since I had to get the collector’s edition, lol)!

I love how Hermione relentlessly studied it, only to find out that Ron totally knew all the stories anyway. :o)

Diagonalley_thumb

That sounds so majestic, her whole name :-) I’ve got the book (so glad Hermione translated it!); I ordered it from the US (it’s actually cheaper than in Romania) :→
I love how Dumbledore’s gifts have so many functions. He really knew these three :-p And in the case of Hermione, the book may seem a given choice, but it also serves the purpose of wanting to make her understand the importance of imagination, story-telling and what goes beyond facts.

Posted by devilskinn on October 13, 2010, 08:21 AM report to moderator
Hedgehog_and_tomato_worm_thumb

One of the things I loved about Dumbledore was his gift for choosing words, when writing and when speaking, that so elegantly understated their meaning. Only those who knew him “got” what he said- he was a master at the barbed comment cleverly disguised as an observation.

It was interesting when Harry had his loss of faith and belief in Dumbledore while on the run in DH. A great side story to the main plot.
Posted by tealover on October 13, 2010, 09:05 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

for the first time hermione read something which ron already new :) :D LOL

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on October 13, 2010, 10:06 AM report to moderator
Mad-eye-moody_thumb

I love Dumbledore, and also, like other people have said, I love that Ron already knew the stories while Hermione was frantically trying to translate them!

Posted by eccentricalice on October 13, 2010, 10:11 AM report to moderator

Love the quote, love the stories. I imagine had Dumbledore told her this in person, he would have smiled like they shared a little secret about the book.

Posted by honigmuffin on October 13, 2010, 10:39 AM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

VERY instructive!

Posted by Sohumdore on October 13, 2010, 10:51 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

Right under everyone’s noses Dumbledore passes on pivotal elements to see them safely through together!

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on October 13, 2010, 11:08 AM report to moderator
Crew_bottom_thumb

gosh how i love hermione

Posted by Lost Northern on October 13, 2010, 12:56 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

I love the Tales of Beedle the Bard, it shows what a fantastic story writer Jo is!
@NotSlytherin i am sooooooo jealous!

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on October 13, 2010, 12:57 PM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

Great quote!
i love the way that dumbledore trusted hermione to use her logic and figure out the deathly hallows! :):):)
love her! :D

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on October 13, 2010, 01:37 PM report to moderator
Dsc_0091_thumb

Really good quote :) It’s amazing, that Dumbledore had everything so well considered through and through.

Posted by tibby71 on October 13, 2010, 03:13 PM report to moderator

"Oh, one of these days..." She took a deep shuddering breath.[br]"Yes, yes, one of these days you'll write more horrible stories about Harry and me," said Hermione indifferently. "Find someone who cares, why don't you?"