Preview of the "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Soundtrack Online

Music
Posted by: Edward
October 26, 2010, 03:45 PM

Thirty second preview clips from the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" film soundtrack have made their way online care of Amazon.co.uk.  Readers will recall, the track titles for the soundtrack were revealed by a Belgin site; this posting on Amazon confirms the track listing for the forthcoming Harry Potter film soundtrack.

The "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" film soundtrack will hit online and retail store shelves on November 16.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Music News

Harry_thumb

I doesn’t sound like HP at all

Posted by blackhair on October 26, 2010, 10:53 PM report to moderator
04_ron_129536962114000760_thumb

Amazing. Cant wait!

Posted by HJPlvr4ever on October 26, 2010, 11:15 PM report to moderator
Dhsmall_thumb

I imagine “Obliviate” is when Hermione erases her parents memory of her?

Posted by akcorr on October 26, 2010, 11:48 PM report to moderator
Hufflepufftie_thumb

Are the clips working for any of you right now? I listened to them a few hours ago but they’re not working now. It starts loading and then says unavailable. :(

Posted by Scarlette on October 27, 2010, 12:18 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-deathly-hallows-trailer_thumb

Harry and Ginnys theme sounds like twilight Boo on that track……

Posted by PotterParish on October 27, 2010, 02:28 AM report to moderator

It feels like the tracks have a sort of “on the run/mortal peril” undertone to them. Very fitting!

Posted by honigmuffin on October 27, 2010, 02:42 AM report to moderator

Just thought I’d throw my opinion in after listening to a preview of Alexandre Desplat’s soundtrack for DH Part 1. From what I heard, I think this score is going to be very impressive. It’s a very beautiful, softer soundtrack than I was expecting (although when I think about it, there are really very few major action sequences in the first half of the book…there’s the flying chase scene at the beginning, the attack at the wedding, the fight at the end in Malfoy Manor, and that’s about it…Part 2, of course, is a different animal altogether). I still hope against hope that John Williams comes back for the final film…I would be perfectly fine with someone like Desplat, but Williams would help bookend the films in a unique and wonderful way. I still hold to my conviction that John Williams’ scores aren’t all just sound and fury…I think he can be as subtle, succinct, and beautiful as anyone in his composing. One of the only moments in the film series that makes me tear up almost every time is that moment when Harry’s looking into the Mirror of Erised for the first time, and sees his parents, and there’s this haunting but beautiful tinkling melody played (on bells, I think) as Harry reaches out for his parents…sigh, gets me every time.

I can remember being somewhat upset when I heard that John Williams wouldn’t be returning for Goblet of Fire, and wasn’t sure about Patrick Doyle’s score, but I ended up loving it (especially the “Harry in Winter” theme, which also makes me cry almost every time I hear it). I wasn’t a big fan of Nicholas Hooper’s score…I didn’t love it, but I didn’t hate it either. I just felt he didn’t take advantage of the complexities of all the instruments at hand…sometimes it felt like he wrote the same sheet music for all the instruments, instead of playing them off of each other with different melodies. However, some of Hooper’s songs were brilliant (I loved Umbridge’s theme, it was just perfect for that character), and the theme which plays during Harry’s possession by Voldemort in Order of the Phoenix is just heartbreaking in its beauty. After watching the very excellent documentary on sound and music that was included on the Goblet of Fire Ultimate Edition set, I have even more respect than ever for all the Potter composers. Here’s hoping these last two films are as epic in scope as I always imagined they would be.

Posted by critterfur on October 27, 2010, 03:31 AM report to moderator
Kuerzellogo_thumb

@genesisguy77 we mustn’t forget that this is a music album which does not have to follow the film. For example the Order of the Phoenix album does this. Although it looks like this album follows the plotline, I wouldn’t be surprised to find some small changes to help the music flow from one track to the next when listened to on its own.

Posted by atschpe on October 27, 2010, 03:38 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb
I’m looking forward to hearing what the new composer will make of Harry Potter.
Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on October 27, 2010, 04:15 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

I am so glad that they released these previews, I have been dying to hear any sliver of music from the DH Part1. YAY!

Posted by Rosie016 on October 27, 2010, 11:03 AM report to moderator

my first coment here!… well i think that this samples sound AWESOME, alot more “maigal” more to the 3rd film kind of music… cause i have to say that i really didnt like the socres for movies 4, 5 and 6 specially the last 2… i was very disapointed… but this, they so sound good, and if john williams does the last one! it will be epic and amazing! cant wait for the movie to come out!

Posted by gonzaloc on October 27, 2010, 11:04 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

I just realized at least from those 30 second previews I didn’t even hear a hint of Hedwigs theme, I really hope it is in there somewhere! To me it is an essential part of the movies.

Posted by Rosie016 on October 27, 2010, 11:06 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

All the clips sound nice enough (although Dobby’s theme being a waltz conjured up rather silly visuals for me). But on first listen none of it seems like it has the potential to become iconic, like the Williams themes. Granted, I’m not one to buy movie soundtrack albums and listen to them over and over, but none of the music post-Williams has stuck with me, and I doubt that any of the Desplat will either.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on October 27, 2010, 02:46 PM report to moderator
Iconator_c2ed1e9cae4b1bbae63bec306f83f5e7_thumb

all of the tracks are amazing, but one that really catches my attention is ‘rescuing hermione’. i don’t know why, but that minor chord at the very end just sticks in my memory and really makes me remember what was happening in that part of the book

Posted by wootwootsugaplum on October 27, 2010, 02:53 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

It sounds dramatic enough, but none of it really sounds like Harry Potter to me. I like some of what John Williams did, but often his soundtracks are over-powering. I really liked Nicholas Hooper’s HP soundtracks the best. He made use of a lot of choral music which adds a haunting and more human connection of the music to the movie.

Still, it’s hard to tell what the whole thing sounds like when you only hear 30 seconds out of a track that is 1 and 1/2 to almost 4 minutes long. And it’s hard to know whether we are hearing the start of a track or the middle or end. I would think that somewhere in the sample they would include something that sounds like Hedwig’s theme, at least once.

Well, we’ll see and hear it soon.

Posted by Eeyore on October 27, 2010, 03:30 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Hermione, I don't know what's gotten into you lately!" said Ron, astounded. "First you hit Malfoy, then you walk out on Professor Trelawney --"[br]Hermione looked rather flattered.