Entertainment Weekly's "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Cover Revealed, Interview Quotes from Trio (Updated)

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
November 04, 2010, 01:56 PM

Entertainment Weekly has released both a cover of their latest issue with a new picture of Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter and a number of new interview quotes from Emma Watson, Rupert Grint and Daniel Radcliffe (Hermione, Ron and Harry, respectively). Sean Smith, EW’s Los Angeles Bureau Chief, has been interviewing the trio since the first film, so the interview includes a number of quotations from the actors when they were much younger.

Watson spoke about the freedom of university life compared to Harry Potter:

“I have such a structure when I’m working on Potter,” she said. “I get told what time I get picked up. I get told what time I can eat, when I have time to go to the bathroom. Being at college, I took pleasure in the smallest things. Like, ‘I’m going to wake up at 10 o’clock if I want to.’ Or, ‘I’m going to eat a sandwich now.’ It feels wonderful.”
Speaking about his choice to pursue a career in film, Grint comments:
“The alternative, of just going to college and school never really appealed to me,” he said. “On set there were times when it was really quite slow, but I’ve always loved it. There was never a doubt that I was going to do this."
Radcliffe, who has been rehearsing for the musical How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, also chatted to Entertainment Weekly about his need to keep active post-Potter. “It’s key for me to keep working,” he says. “Focusing on other things rather than moping around the house.”

You can read more from the interview and see the new cover here on the Entertainment Weekly website. At the same link you can also find a morphing video of Harry through the years, with videos of Ron and Hermione to follow.
Update:  EW has now also released ten new photos from from film and from behind the scenes, which can be viewed in our Image Galleries.  New photos include:

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

FIRST! and awesome, i love it!!

Posted by Gurps on November 04, 2010, 01:58 PM report to moderator
146_thumb

Love the cover :D

Posted by Darth Mary on November 04, 2010, 02:33 PM report to moderator
Myleaky2_c_thumb

The morphing video of Radcliffe is rather neat.

Posted by Bandersnatch on November 04, 2010, 04:29 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

AWESOME!
Nice cover! :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on November 04, 2010, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on November 04, 2010, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That sounds awesome! I love the covers and pictures!

Tumblr_mvvctnikjv1qcanm1o1_r1_250_1__thumb

Hermione in her bedroom really shocked me. I’ve only ever seen her at Hogwarts, it’s kinda wierd when she’s in her Muggle surroundings…

Posted by MJB™ on November 04, 2010, 09:34 PM report to moderator
Ronnyhermy_thumb

Wow those are really cool!! The splinching looks soooooo gross!

Posted by ::Elfie:: on November 04, 2010, 11:11 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Cool pictures. Hermione’s bedroom was admirable

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on November 05, 2010, 04:49 AM report to moderator
Icon002_thumb

I LOVE the morphing videos!! About time for someone to do something like this. :) Great stuff. Looking forward to reading it all. :)

Posted by Hazza P on November 05, 2010, 08:48 AM report to moderator
Hufflepufftie_thumb

I love the look on the trio’s faces back in SS! XD
And the pic of Hermione in her room makes me feel so sad…

Posted by Scarlette on November 05, 2010, 10:43 PM report to moderator

Harry was not aware of releasing George, all he knew was that a second later both of them were sprinting at Malfoy. He had completely forgotten the fact that all the teachers were watching: All he wanted to do was cause Malfoy as much pain as possible.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014