Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 12 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
November 07, 2010, 04:17 AM

There are now only 12 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"After you left," he said in a low voice, grateful for the fact that Ron's face was hidden, "she cried for a week. Probably longer, only she didn't want me to see. There were loads of nights when we never even spoke to each other, With you gone . . ."

He could not finish; it was only now that Ron was here again that Harry fully realized how much his absence had cost them.

"She's like my sister," he went on. "I love her like a sister and I reckon she feels the same way about me. It's always been like that. I thought you knew."

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Silver Doe"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

first.
I feel so sad for everyone in the trio at this moment. Hermione for ron leaving, ron for thinking he was betrayed and harry for being in the middle.

Posted by radishraven...WBM on November 07, 2010, 05:21 AM report to moderator
Andrew_s_pics-_ligniers__france_005_thumb

This is after the locket has done its dirty work..playing on the minds of the young teens. Things have to get better. So emotional.

Posted by cherriekin on November 07, 2010, 05:47 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I find this whole chapter very moving.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on November 07, 2010, 06:03 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

This is one of my favourite parts of the book.

Posted by hermione198k on November 07, 2010, 06:58 AM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

This scene is not about magic at all – it’s about human relations, how we are all victims to our emotions.

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on November 07, 2010, 07:19 AM report to moderator
Iconator_c2ed1e9cae4b1bbae63bec306f83f5e7_thumb

i feel so bad for Ron here. really good part of the book

Posted by wootwootsugaplum on November 07, 2010, 07:21 AM report to moderator
Diagon_thumb

Aw, love this bit. I was so glad when Ron came back, I always thought he would. This whole chapter was amazing <3 I can’t believe DH has come around so quickly! I remember when the countdown was at 100.

Posted by Sigourney♥ on November 07, 2010, 07:47 AM report to moderator

awww <3

Posted by ExpectoPatronum512 on November 07, 2010, 07:49 AM report to moderator
Harry_hermione_thumb

HP<3

Posted by seamus_ofcourse(*ROAR*) on November 07, 2010, 08:05 AM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

aww great quote!! <3

Posted by farewell_fred on November 07, 2010, 08:24 AM report to moderator
Hedgehog_and_tomato_worm_thumb

The combination of emotions and magic make this scene so powerful. Who of us as a young person didn’t experienced the insecurities and emotions that come with falling deeply in love and fearing it’s loss? It is hard enough to deal with as a Muggle – imagine trying to wrap your head around it with a bit of an evil wizard’s soul trying to posses you! If this scene is in the movie, I hope they didn’t change Harry’s words – they were perfect. “I thought you knew” – love that!

Posted by tealover on November 07, 2010, 08:31 AM report to moderator
N576625453_6111621_3673150_thumb

Thankyou JK Rowling.

Posted by readthroughthenight on November 07, 2010, 08:37 AM report to moderator
146_thumb

One of my favorite parts in the book.The “I thought you knew” line was so powerful.

Posted by Darth Mary on November 07, 2010, 09:12 AM report to moderator
05230215470101_thumb

I agree with what everyone’s been saying about this quote. Harry’s line is so perfect, and I just have complete faith that Dan will do it justice. He’s been a fantastic Harry so far. Don’t let us down! :)

This is most definitely my favorite chapter in this book, followed possibly by Shell Cottage. Both are very emotional and it’s quite difficult to get through them without bawling your eyes out. I feel for each and every one of them in these chapters. I love this book and am so very excited for the movie! 12 DAYS! I can’t believe it.

Posted by Gryffipuff! on November 07, 2010, 09:52 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That was a powerful moment in the book. Ron was just jealous and that brought hin nowhere…….

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"But I don't think you're ugly," said Harry, bemused.[br]Hermione laughed.[br]"Harry, you're worse than Ron... Well, no, you're not," she sighed, as Ron himself came stumping into the Hall splattered with mud and looking grumpy.