Happy Harry Holidays with Digital Wizard Rock

Charity
Posted by: Melissa
December 22, 2010, 10:06 AM

It's near Christmas and you haven't gotten Jingle Spells! For shame! Never fear, if you didn't manage to get a physical copy in time (the next shipment goes out in January), you can download a dose of your favorite Potter-themed Christmas music from iTunes. Check it out:

Jingle Spells 4
Jingle Spells 3
Jingle Spells 2
Jingle Spells 1

AND when you're done with THOSE make sure to download the LeakyCon 2009 live CD (click here for the first disc, here for the second!), over two full albums of awesome (non-holiday) wizard rock from fantastic bands - click below for samples:

Disc One (iTunes)!

"Lightning Struck Tower," RiddleTM

"For Jo," RiddleTM

"Bacon,"
Harry and the Potters

"Dumbledore," Harry and the Potters

"The Weapon," Harry and the Potters

The best part? Every bit of profit from ALL of these albums goes to charity. Go to it!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Charity News

I’ve been trying to get an answer for this for a long time so please, if someone has any idea, say something.

I’ve been wondering if there’s any way we could get lossless versions of Jingle Spells (at additional costs whatever) without getting the physical copies.

In short, is it possible to get the resulting file (.wav or whatever lossless compression) after mastering/before being compressed into mp3s?

Posted by Freakonature on December 22, 2010, 10:24 AM report to moderator

Anyway, happy christmas! (Forgot to add this :/)

Posted by Freakonature on December 22, 2010, 10:38 AM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

Freakonature,

No it’s not possible. iTunes only sells music in certain formats, and Bandcamp is the only website that offers lossless downloads. Sorry about your luck, but the only way to get lossless digital audio in this case is to get the CDs.

Happy holidays!

Posted by Brad Ausrotas on December 22, 2010, 10:53 AM report to moderator
Melissa_thumb

Hi Freakonature – I did upload them in lossless, but I believe they get converted. Email lizzie@leakynews.com with your info – maybe you can make a donation to the HPA and I’ll send you the files :)

Posted by Melissa Anelli on December 22, 2010, 11:07 AM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Sounds very cool, Melissa! Very good idea of yours.

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on December 22, 2010, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Sniget_thumb

All my questions about how to get it in iTunes Canada, and it turns out I CAN purchase it from my side of the border by following the links above instead of trying to search within the iTunes store. Thank you, Melissa!

Posted by Ellorgast on December 22, 2010, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

I didn’t get the physical of copy of Jingle Spells this year, so I will definitely get it on iTunes. Squeefully excited to hear all the awesome music! (Also to share it with the world. Yesterday at the electronics store I opened up iTunes on one of the computers to Jingle Spells in hopes that a passer-by would stumble upon its greatness.)

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on December 22, 2010, 04:52 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY! Its on iTunes!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 22, 2010, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on December 23, 2010, 12:57 AM report to moderator
146_thumb

Just got iTunes money for Christmas!
Definitely purchasing this :D

Posted by Darth Mary on December 26, 2010, 02:32 PM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

I am happy to help in anyway possible regarding your musical venture through LEAKY to ensure that it performed legally and right! I am also open to fielding any questions anyone has re: licensing and clearing music rightfully for sale or sample.

-TK

Posted by TreacleKreature on January 20, 2011, 11:21 AM report to moderator
The_golden_trio_thumb

Im new here…. Q: who actually wrote these songs??(:

Posted by PotterHead_4Life on March 20, 2012, 09:22 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"You rose magnificently to the challenge that face you, and sooner -- much sooner -- than I had anticipated, you found yourself face-to-face with Voldemort. You survived again. You did more. You delayed his return to full power and strength. You fought a