Tom Felton: "Deathly Hallows" Epilogue Likely to be Final Sequence Shot

Felton Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
February 17, 2010, 06:51 PM

Another interview with Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) has appeared on the MTV website, in which he mentions the filming of the epilogue scene in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Felton suggests that the epilogue will be the final sequence shot, commenting:

Jamie Christopher, the first [assistant director], was always really keen to do that as the final scene, because it's such a poignant moment for the franchise, that fact that it's 19 years on, and we get to see what happened to the characters.
The actor goes on to reveal that the epilogue scenes still haven't been shot, but that all are "extremely excited to do so." Felton also says that he has been talking about the scene for "ages" with Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) as, in part, they "want to make sure that it's flattering and we don't look like 60-year-olds." The article can be found at this link on the MTV website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton Interviews News

Hbp_poster_two_thumb

How appropriate it is that they would close the process of filming these movies, a process that has lasted for so long and has constituted such a part of so many lives for so long, with the closing scene of the novels. Although the idea of the process of filming coming to an end is certainly a disheartening and sad one, it is inevitable and necessary. Despite the fact that I am tempted to shed tears presently just at the thought, I must accept that the films, like the books, must finish.

Posted by Kirk on February 18, 2010, 09:47 AM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

Wow. Great actors, they will go on to do monumental stuff. I will cry, though. That’s a promise.

Posted by MikeMagpuyo on February 18, 2010, 09:47 AM report to moderator

FLATTERING. exactely what I wanted to hear… I so want these last movies to be PERFECT in every kind of way. Do you?
add me ;)

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on February 18, 2010, 10:06 AM report to moderator
Domination_thumb_thumb

I’m soo excited!I can’t wait!
Yet, I don’t want this legacy to end!
I’ll be looking forward to this..
Hopefully they will still use them for this scene..
I don’t want them to use a substitute actor..
This is an emotional scene for all the HP fan..

Posted by Ayesha on February 18, 2010, 10:10 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I can’t wait

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on February 18, 2010, 10:46 AM report to moderator

Gosh, I can’t wait for the movie! >___< But at the same time I don’t want it to end… :(

Posted by Odd sock on February 18, 2010, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

I can’t wait…I wish it would never end!!!

Posted by Rin68nyr on February 18, 2010, 11:54 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Me too, I am so excited for the movies but, at the same time it is going to be so weird (and, that is an understatement). It must be so weird, too for the actors because this has been their life for so long. The DVD extra features will likely require a lot of tissues, especially if they film something like the making of DH documentary at the time of filming the final scenes. I guess alot of the cast and crew will be emotional about The End Of All Things …

Posted by Moose_Starr on February 18, 2010, 12:02 PM report to moderator

Tom states later in the interview that Jason Isaacs is a good model for Felton’s older character because Isaacs is a good looking man (he should have left it there but he added): “FOR HIS AGE”…. that is NOT very complimentary! In fact it is insulting because Jason Isaacs is a very attractive man no matter what his age … Tom should only hope that he would be half that handsome SOME DAY!

I do however agree that shooting the “Epilogue” as the final scene will be tear-jerking and a very fitting farewell to the franchise.

I am of two minds … I want to see the end realized on screen … but it will be very sad too!

Posted by IrishCat on February 18, 2010, 12:34 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I really hope that they actually do look like 30-something-year-old adults, not like them playing with a lot of make-up.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on February 18, 2010, 12:59 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

The movie is going to be awesome! I just wish the movies wouldn’t end nor the series! However I cannot wait till to watch them all when they are old!

Bellebooks5sem10_thumb

I interested to see exactly how different they’ll look in the epilogue. Does that mean that they’ll be aging up Ginny, Ron, and Hermione as well? And they’ll cast an Astoria?

Posted by Lady Herdermort on February 18, 2010, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

I WOULS BE CRYING IF I WAS HIM

Posted by alicia00 on February 18, 2010, 04:22 PM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

It’s very funny how these kids seem to think that being aged to their mid-30s will make them look ANCIENT! Gotta laugh.

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on February 18, 2010, 04:57 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

im gonna cry SOOO hard during this scene!!! i dont want it to end!!! <3

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on February 18, 2010, 05:54 PM report to moderator

"Welcome... How nice to see you in the physical world at last."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014