Ciaran Hinds Talks Role as Aberforth in "Deathly Hallows"

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Edward
February 23, 2010, 01:04 AM

Actor Ciaran Hinds, who will be portraying the character of Aberforth Dumbledore in the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films, was interviewed by the Hill-man Morning Show which broadcasts out of WAAF in Boston earlier today.  In the interview, which can be heard here starting around the 5:15 mark, Mr. Hinds spoke very briefly about his part in the film, relating how "you might have a flash of my eyes in one of [the films]."  The actor went on to discuss his role as Aberforth by saying:

Basically I'm there to play one long scene where I explain to the kids - who are not kids anymore - about some part of the history of Albus Dumbledore's life that they weren't fully up to the mark in. But I did get, for one split second, someone put a wand in my hand and I got to flash it.
Many thanks to SS!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Dhcalendar_thumb

He seems cool :D Is that with the goat patronus? I think it is. Are they showing the Dursley scenee? Oh and the eye in the mirror at the Malfoy Manor, oh right Aberforth sends Dobby to help, i forgot. OMG THIS WILL BE AWESOME!!

Posted by Brianna on February 23, 2010, 03:16 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

the is A-some

Posted by alicia00 on February 23, 2010, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I look forward to seeing him perform as Aberforth!

Posted by Kirk on February 23, 2010, 04:55 PM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

Loved Aberforth in DH! I just hope they keep the scenes with him the same as in the book and I’ll be happy. Makes me feel better to hear it sounds like they are definitely including the parts about mirror Sirius gave Harry although I’m not sure how they plan to cover for leaving out that part of the story in OOTP and HBP now that Sirius is dead. I’m a little worried that they will change it around and have someone totally different give the mirror to Harry in DH instead.

Posted by bella vita on February 23, 2010, 05:10 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

This is so cool! I cannot wait to watch the Deathly Hallows! So far it looks like they aren’t skipping any parts in the movie from the book. Nine more months to go! Argh!

Buckbeak_thumb

He’s a really good actor. The scene should be great.

Posted by Girlraven1 on February 23, 2010, 06:31 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

He looks like I thought Aberforth would except a LOT younger and no blue eyes. :(

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 23, 2010, 06:44 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

But I am sure with the make-up they can fix that! :)

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 23, 2010, 06:45 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

cooolllll!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on February 23, 2010, 07:21 PM report to moderator
Harryserioustare_thumb

That is so cool!! Hahaha, a flash of his eyes. Do you reckon that the eye will look enough like Gambon’s?

Posted by egdillonROAR!!! on February 23, 2010, 09:56 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Can’t wait to see him play this role… hopefully it’ll be great!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on February 23, 2010, 10:15 PM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

I enjoyed his roles in the other movies, so I’m looking forward to seeing him in DH.

Posted by leigia on February 24, 2010, 03:58 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Ah I’m so happy the flash of brightest blue will be in the movies. Maxtina Potter I’m with you all these little snippets of information here are getting me so psyched. I only wish Sue was here to squee about them

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 24, 2010, 11:52 AM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

How are they gonna introduce the two-way mirror if it was never presented to Harry by Sirius in the movies? hmm…

Posted by Felipe on February 24, 2010, 05:13 PM report to moderator

He looks like he has been cast perfectly for the part. Add alittle white hair and beard, make the hair longer and there you are. Perfect.

Posted by hewy on February 24, 2010, 09:35 PM report to moderator

"What're you doin' here?" said Hagrid furiously. "Get outta my house!"[br]"My dear man, please believe me, I have no pleasure at all in being inside your -- er -- d'you call this a house?" said Lucius Malfoy, sneering as he looked around the small cabin.